Upcoming Movie Reviews

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Ok, so it’s that time of year. School is starting to drag and the workload is getting unbearable, the weather is turning cold and frigid and were all burnt out. Thanksgiving is so close yet so far away. Were on the home stretch and school is almost over for the semester but for these next two chilly months we have to hang in there. The best way to keep your mind off these things are doing things to distract you and what’s better than sitting inside a warm movie theatre sitting close to your boyfriend or with you best girl friends munching on some popcorn. Get rid of these pre winter blues with some new movies, whether you like comedy, romance, drama or action there’s a little bit of everything! These are the best movies to catch before 2013 ends! (Can you believe it? This year is almost over!!)

Lets start with a movie that is already out, for all my ladies who are diehard Notebook/Mean Girls fans you know where I’m going with this.  Rachel McAdams definitely has my heart, can you say women crush Wednesday? This movie, About Time is from the director of Love Actually. In this movie, Tim a 21 year old who has the gift of time travel meets a young women (obviously Rachel McAdams) and falls in love with her, only to realize his powers can’t fix everything. So far this movie has had great reviews, great for a girls night out.

[pagebreak]

Another movie out in theatres now is Dallas Buyers Club starring Matthew McConaughey, a man fighting AIDS and is told he has 30 days to live. He travels to places around the world and starts to smuggle drugs back to the US to help others. What’s an action type movie without a little love story right? So, Jennifer Garner comes in as a nurse and wouldn’t you know it a romance arises. This movie is one to catch and it’s playing now! Matthew McConaughey is a great actor and easy on the eyes so that’s all the more reason to go see it.

[pagebreak]

I’m sure we all read The Hunger Games and watched the movie countless times. Well I hope you are ready because on November 22nd The Hunger Games: Catching Fire comes to theatres. Need I say much more about this movie, if you have seen the first one there is no doubt you will be seeing the second one. And if you haven’t seen the first one I suggest you get right on that before doing anything else! You wont be disappointed, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

[pagebreak]

Coming out Thanksgiving is a comedy staring Vince Vaughn. The Delivery Man, in this movie Vince Vaughn has an ordinary life and an ordinary job until he finds out that he is the biological father of 533 kids. He donated to a fertilely clinic and there was some sort of mishap, hence the outrageous number of children. He makes it his goal in life to be some sort of guardian angel for these kids and “do the right thing.” Of course Vince Vaughn is a comical actor and with his personality and the story line it looks to be a great movie! Perfect for date night.

[pagebreak]

The most anticipated movie of the year (in my opinion at least) is Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues. Who doesn’t love Anchorman? If you cant quote that movie by now then your priorities are not straight. The news crew is back at it and this time they are traveling to New York (even Baxter)! The cast is the same and so is the humor. Not sure what to expect from this movie but with Ron Burgundy as the main character you know only good things will come. Don’t forget to grab a pint of Ben and Jerry’s “Scothy Scotch Scotch” made just for this movie in theatres December 20th!

[pagebreak]
[pagebreak]

Also out December 20th is a Disney movie based off of one we already know and love, Marry Poppins. This movie is called Saving Mr. Banks and goes back in time to look at the true untold story of Marry Poppins and the Banks family. A great movie to catch for this holiday season.

[pagebreak]

Another movie in theatres December 20th is one that looks to be quite interesting, a movie like we may have not seen before. It is called Her and is about a very antisocial unhappy man who unexplainably falls in love with a so called operating system, a piece of technology running his life. His Operating system is designed to meet his every need, even love? Watch the trailer for this movie to find out more!

[pagebreak]

Finally, form the director of Martin Scorsese comes the movie The Wolf of Wall Street. This movies has Characters from Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew McConaughey, Jonah Hill and even the hott dad from Friday Night Lights. There is sex; money and a great plot what’s not to love already. This movie is expected to be a big hit and there’s no better way to end the year than with a bang! This is a must see, airing on December 27th!

You can watch all of the trailers and read more about the movies on http://www.imdb.com/movies-com…

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!