(U)niversity of (N)o (H)usbands

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

UNH…aka the (U)niversity of (N)o (H)usbands!!

Ladies, if you haven’t already realized, you soon will, that college isn’t the best time to find your special someone. I believe you will have already found your someone before college or you will following college, so don’t be let down! All hope is lost in the four years in which you’re in college. UNH is filled with some good looking men; we have a very good variety if I say so myself. I think us ladies can agree we have a good selection filled with athletic men, fraternity men, skater boys and of course the many business men on our campus. BUT none of them want to settle down. In fact no college boy does besides the handful that are just meant to be hubbies. Let me just give you a few reasons why guys these days don’t want to settle down.

1. We don’t make them work for it anymore.

We girls should be disappointed in ourselves these days. We make boys put little to no effort in and just give them what they want. We are the generation of “hook-ups”, dates are no longer a thing and it’s changing the schedule in which people settle down.

2. They think their youth is running out so why would they settle down?

One day they wake up and realize we are seniors and they only have six more months of being a FREE MAN!! Why would they settle down when there’s hundreds of girls who don’t care about settling down. It’s a win, win for them and they get what they want in the end.

3. They don’t want the responsibility.

College is tough enough so why should they add the baggage.

4. They’re focusing on their education.

For this I have respect, it’s their time to focus on themselves and growing and maybe right now they don’t want to focus on anyone else besides themselves.

5. Immature

This goes both ways, first off we’re in college and second off were trying to enjoy our last few years of freedom. Girls believe boys are immature and boys believe we are immature. We agree to disagree but in the end I think we are all a little immature for our age.

6. They think it’s a mutual decision.

Guys think girls don’t want a relationship so from that they react by not wanting a relationship.

7. They think we’re in love with them…HA

This is one of my favorites! Most of the time guys think we are SO madly in LOVE with them that they think they need to back away. First and foremost were not OBSESSED with you. Maybe we like your company, but honey it takes a lot more than that to get us caught up on you ;)

P.S: Ladies you will find your hubby, maybe not now, maybe not 3 years from now, but you will :)

"don't create limitations"   
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!