TV Besties Who Were The Ultimate #friendshipgoals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Nowadays, all we ever see on social media is people posting pictures accompanied by the infamous #friendshipgoals or #relationshipgoals. Urban Dictionary defines friendship goals as, “usually two people that are inseperable, tolerate each other’s crazy lives, deal with their emotions whether happy or sad, would go to the ends of the earth to make sure their friend is happy, and other people are usually jealous of their unbreakable bond.” Everyone has their own interpretation of what the criteria might be for their friendship goals, but here are some of the amazing TV besties that were THE ULTIMATE #friendshipgoals. 

1. Blair Waldorf and Serena Van Der Woodsen

Who wouldn’t want to be S and B is the real question? They ruled the Upper East Side, had a fashion sense to die for and never let anything break their friendship apart, okay maybe a few things like S hooking up with Nate while him and B were dating, but they eventually went back to their old ways. Enough said.

2. Ryan Atwood, Marissa Cooper, Summer Roberts and Seth Cohen

Literally the four best friends that anybody could have. When I was in high school re-watching this series like my life depended on it, all I wanted was to have a friendship like theirs. They were all so unique and had different backgrounds, but that’s part of what made their friendship work. They never let their social status get in the way of how great they were as friends which is something everyone should take into account. Fast forward to season 3 and the pack lost a valuable member. I swear a part of me died right then and there with her (RIP Marissa Cooper, ILY). 

3. Peyton Sawyer, Haley James Scott and Brooke Davis

These three were brought together by a drugged up Brooke inviting new “Brooke” (Haley) to drive home from a basketball game with them. It took awhile for them (mostly Brooke) to realize that just because they weren’t from the same clique in school that they still could be friends. Needless to say, they finally came to their senses and ended up being the greatest of friends. They say, “A friend would come bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting in the cell next to you.” Well B. Davis, P. Sawyer and Haley Scott can check that one off the bucket list.

4. Corey Matthews and Shawn Hunter

These two have been best friends since they were literally in the womb and stayed that way till as long as we can remember. If there was a duo that invented the term bromance, it was most definitely these two boys. They faced just about every adolescent obstacle, but don’t worry because they had each other every step of the way. Shawn Hunter was the reason why Topanga and Corey ended up together, being the one to ask her out for Corey. Fast forward some odd years and there Shawn was at the couple’s wedding. From having their own weird little handshake to Corey always being there for Shawn, who didn’t have the best upbringing, these two stuck it out for countless years and who wouldn’t want a frindship like that.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!