This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

When I was a senior in high school I was itching to get to college; I was especially excited for UNH. I was excited to make new friends, get involved in the activities and clubs the school had to offer, put myself out there, and try new things out of my comfort zone. I was in a good place mentally and was lucky enough to have a great high school experience with good physical and mental health. 

Senior year, I thought that college was for finding friends for life and only ever spending time with them. I quickly learned that was false when I moved into a single halfway through my freshmen year. I had these plans in mind that I would find a big group of girls and be friends with them for life, that they would be my bridesmaids. That thought changed quickly when I exhausted myself looking and putting in more time to finding friends then my school work. It was mentally draining and I was slipping up. Senior year it was easy to think I would find friends because the university is so big, and I had a big friend group all throughout high school. I now realize that my high school was not that big, and really, we were all stuck with each other. 

As a sophomore, where I am at now, living in a single during this pandemic, I will say it is difficult. Although I have never had better grades, I am dedicating my time to the gym, it has taken me time to realize those who really care for me and put in the time to ask me to hangout. This way it is less mentally draining because they are putting in the same effort as I am. I did not feel that way in high school. I felt as though I was mostly making the plans to hang out, and sometimes felt like a bother to my friends. I feel more appreciated here. 

I am currently a student at University of New Hampshire, studying nutrition. I recently joined HerCampus, and so far I am loving it! I love to be outside, workout, and sleep!! I am very fortunate to have a club like this on campus, it is not easy finding the perfect one!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!