Top 6 Foods/Food Combos to Always Have in Your Dorm Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Freshman year of college is full of “firsts”, stress, surprises, tears and everything in-between! So the last thing on your mind is picking up snacks for your dorm. But keeping food in your dorm is ESSENTIAL for in between classes, after the gym, when dining halls are closed, or when you just feel like eating for no reason at all. I’ve got you covered!

1. Chips and Salsa

This the BEST snack for sooo many reasons! Chips are always good by themselves but throw in a good salsa…now you’re talkin! Perfect for in between classes and before going out to get that extra kick of energy.

2. Peanut Butter

Ok…who doesn’t love peanut butter?! I mean COME ON! It’s so good for you and fills you up quick.

3. Granola

Granola is one of those foods that fill you up really fast and also tastes wicked good! Tip: Pair this with #2 and you’ve not only got a quick breakfast but a nutrient-dense snack to get you through even your busiest days.

4. Carrots and Hummus

Healthy yet delicious! If you’re the kinda person who likes this combo I say go for it and always keep that mini fridge stocked!

5. Chocolate

Ladies this is a given! You’ll thank me later:)

6. Microwave Popcorn

Absolutely perfect for those Netflix nights when you just need to relax or when doing that stressful chemistry homework!

So there you have it! Top 6 foods/food combos to always have in your dorm room!

***Tip: If you run out of all these foods…wild kitty is open from 11 am to 1 am EVERY DAY!!!

Hi! My name Lindsay Hobbs and I'm a nutrition major at UNH! I love going to the gym, getting chipotle with my friends and watching movies!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!