This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Thrift shopping is my favorite type of shopping to do with a group of friends, or even by myself. It is a very inexpensive way to find clothing or other goods that are in style, fashionable, comfortable, and can be turned from rags into riches.

Recently, I have been into searching for the closest thrift stores to me. Most thrift stores are unique, and you can find almost anything you’re looking for at one.

The most common thrift stores that often come to mind are Savers and Goodwill. Those ones are super affordable, but it can take a while to find something you are on the hunt for because they are very large, and it can get overwhelming.

When going to a thrift store, you have to be prepared to spend at least 30 minutes to an hour to really find what you’re looking for. You also need to keep an open mind because some items can be turned into something unique to wear.

Other thrift stores near me I enjoy going to are Plato’s Closet and Buffalo Exchange. These stores are smaller, and a little more pricey compared to Savers and Goodwill because they sell high end brands and things that are currently in season. They have a lot more options for specific things that you might be looking for.

I enjoy shopping at these smaller thrift stores alone because it can be relaxing for me and I enjoy the vibe of the stores. These stores are great to buy gifts at if you have an inexpensive budget, and also if you just want to treat yourself.

I highly recommend shopping at your local thrift stores to find inexpensive goods you’re on the hunt for!!

Always laughing!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!