Things To Thank Our Mothers For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

There will never be enough words to express how much our mothers mean to us and how much they do for us. From the very first day we are born our mothers are there to nurture and care for us. As we grow older and move away to college, it becomes easier to see just how much we take for granted. Though this list could go on forever, here are 11 things that we should all thank our moms for.

1. Listening to us complain 

Whether you failed a test, broke up with your boyfriend, or are fighting with your roommates, our mothers are always there to listen to us complain for hours on end. No matter how petty the issue is they are always there with open ears. 

2. The home cooked meals 

You don’t realize until you move away from home just how lucky you are to have your mom cook for you. When you were living at home you probably complained when your mom made a food you didn’t like. Looking back now, you would give anything to have that meal.

3. Laundry services 

After having to do laundry on my own these past three years, I can definitely say that this is something every mother should get thanked for. Not only do our mothers do our laundry but they also have to do dads laundry and our sibling’s laundry.  

4. Putting up with us on crabby days 

We all have our days where we are not in the best mood and it seems like nothing is going right. From being hangry to feeling stressed due to the endless amounts of schoolwork we have, we can always count on our mothers to put up with us. 

5. All the things she buys us 

Between all the clothes we didn’t need and all the times we asked for money to go see a movie or eat out with friends, mothers never hesitate to make sure we are happy. As you grow older and start to pay for things on our own,  you begin to realize the true value of a dollar and how much our moms sacrifice for us. 

6. Constantly working hard 

Moms are constantly on the move. Not only do our mothers have to go to work, but they also have to take care of our siblings and us and make sure the house is in check.  Basically moms are superwoman. 

7. Always making us feel loved 

If there is anyone we can depend on to shower us with an endless amount of love it is mothers. At any given moment we can expect hugs, phone calls and I love yous from them. 

8. Supporting us no matter what

We all make stupid decisions at some points in our lives. Although our moms know that what we are doing may not be in our best interest, they will always be our biggest cheerleaders. They let us learn from our mistakes and are always there to catch us when we fall. 

9. Giving the best advice 

It is absolutely true that mothers know best. They have been around longer then we have and have gone through similar experiences. We may not want to admit it but they are always right. 

10.  Playing every role: mother, best friend, sister, doctor, mentor, etc. 

This one is self-explanatory. Our moms are there for us through it and they play every single role in our lives. When we are sick they are our doctors, when we need advice they become our best friends and sisters and everyday they are the best mothers they can be. 

11. For being the kind of parent I hope to be for my own children

My mom is absolutely my role model and best friend. I can only hope to be as incredible, hard-working, and selfless as she is one day.  

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!