Thank You, Her Campus!

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

As my time at UNH comes to an end, I have been reflecting on my time at the university and the different organizations that I was involved in that shaped my experience. Her Campus was a very influential organization, and I am very grateful to have joined.

During my sophomore year, I felt disconnected from my peers and uninvolved at UNH. Coming out of my freshman year being in the thick of the pandemic, I felt that I lacked purpose at the university. I wanted to join an organization that would lift me up, involve me in my community and open doors for me to meet other people with interests similar to mine. I discovered Her Campus through their Instagram and, being a Communications major, I figured that an organization centered around writing would be enjoyable for me.

My two roommates, Lauren and Grace, decided that they also wanted to join the organization and Her Campus then became something that the three of us bonded over! We loved going to meetings, writing articles and eventually collaborating on the executive board together. I am so grateful for the two of them and our countless memories together throughout our time at UNH, both within Her Campus and out!

We decided to join exec at the end of our sophomore year. Becoming the Social Media Manager for HC allowed me to explore my love of marketing and branding while also providing me with the opportunity to be creative and have a digital voice. 

I’ve loved getting to manage the socials over the span of my junior and senior year at UNH. Not only did it give me more experience in a realm that I was already interested in, but it allowed me to become more involved in an organization that I already loved so much.

Thank you, Her Campus for being a creative outlet for me for three years of my time at the University of New Hampshire. Her Campus brought me friendships, leadership experience and the best memories that I will cherish forever!

Natalie is a Senior Communication Business Application major at the University of New Hampshire. She is the Social Media & Marketing Manager of UNH's Her Campus Chapter.