Thank You to the Department of Art & Art History

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Anyone who knows me knows that I basically live in the Paul Creative Arts Center, or PCAC for short. From the moment I arrived at UNH, PCAC became my life. I have such a bittersweet feeling when I think about my time here ending. With graduation quickly approaching, I’ve been reflecting on the past few years and how they have shaped me to become the person I am today.

Paul Creative Arts Center has been a home to me for my entire undergrad career. It’s hard for me to imagine my life without it. I am so excited for the journey ahead of me, as I know it’ll be a bright one. But, I can’t lie and say that I won’t miss the long studio nights (even the tears that come with them) and the family I’ve made in the Department of Art & Art History.

To the Faculty & Staff of the Department of Art & Art History: thank you.

Thank you for constantly supporting me and pushing me to be my best. Thank you for being mentors, teachers, and art-parents. Thank you for granting me amazing opportunities and always seeing something in me, even when I didn’t see it in myself. I have grown tremendously as an artist and a person because of my education here. Not only have I learned the conceptual and technical skills for multiple art mediums, but I’ve also learned how to lead a group, handle multiple responsibilities, and be confident in myself. I have gained a special set of skills that I now can take with me wherever I go.

I’m going to miss the smell of oil paint when I walk through the third floor and it’ll be weird not making chemicals for the darkroom any more. I’ll long for the days when the sun peaks through the Alcove Gallery during the middle of the day, and the soft hum of the 3D printer in the VRC. The millions of tack holes in the homasote walls and the red & black tile floors will forever be engraved in my mind.

I am forever grateful for this department and all you have done for me. Know that a piece of my heart will be left in PCAC when I graduate.

Thank you, again and again and again,

Julianna

Hello! I'm Julianna and I graduated from the University of New Hampshire with a major in BFA: Photography and a minor in Business Administration. I was a Contributing Writer to the Her Campus UNH Chapter beginning in October 2016. In September 2017, I got promoted to Senior Editor, and then I was one of UNH's Campus Correspondents for the Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 school year! This organization was such an incredible experience and I can't wait to see what great things the chapter does in the future. HCXO, Julianna :) http://juliannasagliano.com/
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!