So She’s A Girl Boss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Dating A Girl Boss & What you’re really getting yourself into…

A Girl Boss is strong, confident, ambitious, and a definitely a girl who knows what she wants. Be assured she won’t be dainty, sugarcoated or submissive. Not everyone can handle her but trust us when we say she is definitely worth it.

If you’re venturing into Girl Boss territory, here’s a list of 10 things you will most likely run into. 

1. She knows what she wants

There is no doubt that she knows what she wants and she will do what she wants, but she also is definitely not afraid to admit it. If you like being in control of what you watch on Netflix, you may have to reconsider. If she wants to watch f.r.i.e.n.d.s. she will battle for that remote.

2. She is Independent

Her survival is not dependent on you. She is more than capable of holding her own and fighting her own battles. There is a big difference between want and need. 

3. She will challenge you… and be challenging.

If you want her you’ll have to work hard to impress her and earn her trust. She expects you to go the extra mile and she won’t settle for anyone who won’t.

4. She plays by her own rules

She takes her own path and is a strong leader. She deviates from trends and isn’t afraid to speak her mind. Games will only be played by her rules.

5. She will debate everything & You probably won’t win

She lives for the thrill of winning an argument. You may hate the winter, but she may convince you otherwise.

6. Does not need to be rescued

She is no Cinderella so no knights in shining armor are needed here. She has her own safety net and will get right back up when she falls. 

7. She has ambitions

She is goal-oriented and no one will get in her way of reaching her dreams. Her unstoppable nature thrives on her aspirations. 

8. Demands Respect

If she isn’t given respect, she won’t stick around for long. Respect is an essential piece of her equation. 

9. She is Confident

She is naturally confident. You’ll never find her questioning her ways; she is goal oriented and knows she will get there.

10. Totally worth it

At the end of the day, she is your girl boss. If you treat her right, she will be passionate, loving, and dedicated to you. Basically the best girlfriend you ever had.

UNH sophomore English major
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!