Sarah Hyland Latest Victim of Domestic Abuse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Sarah Hyland from “Modern Family” filed for a restraining order against her 4-year boyfriend Matthew Prokop that requires him to stay at least 100 yards away from her and her dog at all times on September 19, 2014. Hyland claimed that her ex- boyfriend Prokop choked and threatened her. She stated that she was “scared for her life”. Sarah had been keeping this abusive relationship a secret for the past 4 years, and the truth is finally coming out. “Sarah has a lot of support from all her co-stars in Modern Family” a source says. Hyland asked her TV mom Julie Bowen to accompany her when she broke things off with Prokop and he reportedly “ran outside into the backyard and began screaming.” Matthew allegedly made threats to Hyland stating that he was going to set one of their homes on fire and sent emotional alarming texts about taking his own life. Mathew Prokop was in rehab in August, and the director of his facility advised Sarah to file for a restraining order. Sarah is said to be in great spirits and her friend told US magazine “She’s an amazing and strong person. She’ll bounce back.”

This is a great reminder that this can happen to anyone. If you have experienced a similar situation or you know someone who needs assistant, please use the services on campus. The contact number for SHARPP is 603-862-7233.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!