This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

If you know me, you know I LOVE reality TV shows. From Jersey Shore to Survivor, I love them all. Although, I do have an all time favorite reality TV show which is Real Housewives. There are seven different series that are focused on different regions in the United States. So far, I have watched five of them. That means, five different individual housewives each ranging up to 14 seasons and 22 episodes each for each series. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, doesn’t that get boring? For me, not at all. I have actually become somewhat obsessed with these shows and the ladies on them. In fact, the host Andy Cohen, adopted a kid a few months ago and had a baby shower where all the housewives were invited from each region of the specific show. You can ask all my friends how badly I wanted to be there with them. If you are not aware of what the show entails, it consists of several different ladies who share their lives with the audience. You get to see cat fights, divorces, families growing, and many more awesome events. The best factor of the show is the drama, of course. So without further adieu, I will give you what order you should watch the housewives in, rank them, as well as tell you which ladies are my favorite. 

Coming in first place is Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. The first season starts off with a smaller group of ladies ranging from sisters to the famous Lisa Vanderpump. Even though Beverly Hills is not the first region that was broadcasted, there is definitely a lot of drama that comes with it. It is interesting to see how successful the ladies grow throughout the seasons. Compared to season one of Beverly Hills, there are many visible changes that can be seen. If I had to choose my favorites from Beverly Hills it would definitely be Kyle Richards who is Paris Hilton’s aunt, Erika Girardi also known as Erika Jayne, and Lisa Rinna. Kyle has been on the show since the first episode where we were able to see her children grow up, her businesses succeed and her awesome personality. Both Erika and Lisa come onto the show in later seasons. They are both a good time. Erika is married to a successful big time lawyer but she is also a performer. Lisa Rinna is known for her segments on QVC which is one of those tv programs which try to sell you products. All three ladies are very passionate about women empowerment which I love.

The second housewives you should watch is, Real Housewives of New Jersey. The New Jersey ladies are all hardcore Italians. With their Italian heritage, comes strong family ties which we learn should never be broken. In fact, we see friendships collapse in front of our eyes, as well as family ties. It’s interesting due to the fact that it seems the most drama with these ladies is within their families, especially Teresa Guidice and Melissa Gorga, who are sister in laws. You even get to see legal issues within the Guidice family unfold sending two cast members to jail. Throughout the show, tables are flipped, extensions are pulled out and friends are lost. The Jersey ladies definitely keep you on your toes. My favorites out of the ladies are Melissa Gorga, Dolores Catania and Siggy Flicker. These ladies are definitely loud, sassy and entertaining! It is almost certain that everyone who the housewives interact with have a crazy Jersey accent. 

Your third pick should be Real Housewives of Atlanta. Their “cast” consists of a handful of previously successful and famous women figures. These ladies love going on trips, playing exciting games, and bickering back and forth with one another. They definitely know how to “read” one another and throw shade. I would say besides New Jersey, the Atlanta ladies really know how to stir up some drama. Throughout the seasons, we see failures of small businesses, potential singing careers, motherhood, and friendships evolve. With that being said, a lot of the ladies have big personalities. My top favorites who are crazy drama stirrers are NeNe Leakes, Porsha Williams, Kim Zolciak-Biermann, and Cynthia Bailey. I love Porsha because we see her personality grow throughout the seasons. She started off as a quiet girl which was evident that her husband was very controlling. I think she had the biggest change and for the best out of all of the housewives including the other regions. I love NeNe because like Kim and Cynthia, she has been there since season one. We get to see NeNe’s career really take off. 

The next real housewive you should watch is obviously Real Housewives of New York City. This one took me a little longer to get into the groove of liking the ladies because they all seemed superficial. All of the ladies starting from season one are definitely either rich from marriage or ambitious providers for themselves. You get a preview of their life in their beautiful apartments in the city as well as their mega mansions in Hampton. For example, we see Bethenny Frankel, the creator of the Skinnygirl brand, evolve into a successful business woman. We also see other cast members take on crazy jobs, plan extravagant events and give back to their community. I would say the housewives of New York City are busy whether it be taking trips down to their mansions in Hampton or crunching in last minute work in their office. Honestly, picking my favorites out of the New York ladies is challenging. But, if I had to say so, my favorites out of the New York ladies are Carole Radzwill, Jill Zarin, and Sonja Morgan. Both Jill and Carole are only on for a few seasons, but they were such pure humans. Jill had a big personality that came with a big New York accent. Carole was more intellectual and honestly the opposite of Jill, no kids, single, etc. I love Sonja because she is one of a kind. She is crazy, fun and watching her grow on the show is awesome. 

Lastly, you should finish off binge watching the housewives by watching Real Housewives of Orange County. This was another hard one to get into. Although, as the seasons evolve you see that one of the ladies has one of the biggest scandals in the housewives franchise. This scandal unfolds across multiple seasons and you can see the hurt that comes from friends, family and lovers due to this scandal. These ladies seem to be some of the most entertaining people but at the same time they seem to act better than others. I think OC (Orange County) is the “want to be Beverly Hills” which is why it is my last suggestion. Don’t get me wrong, the seasons are worth watching, but they need new people on the show to stir more relevant things up. Out of the Orange County ladies, my favorites would have to be, Gretchen Rossi, Shannon Beador, and Vicki Gunvalson. All three of these ladies have unique personalities. Gretchen, the youngest, had a lot of trouble meshing with the girls at first. They actually were kind of rude to her, but she overpowered it and the ladies saw who she really was. Vicki is crazy! The type of crazy that you can’t tell if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. And then lastly, Shannon comes on the show and we see her go through a crazy few years. She has many ups and downs but remains a strong mother!

Hopefully these suggestions will help you if you decide to start watching the best reality show during quarantine. I have definitely debated on rewatching them although now, I am obsessed with watching Survivor. Good thing that new seasons of real housewives are starting to broadcast currently though!

Hehe I like dogs
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!