element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

Places to go to in New Hampshire Around the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

As we go in to the holiday season, many of us look for fun winter activities to partake in with our friends and family. With New Hampshire’s snow and wintery weather, it makes it the perfect location to spend the holidays. Different places around the state host a series of events every winter that people from all over come to enjoy. Listed below are a few:

1. The Ice Castles – The Ice Castles are in Lincoln, NH. The castles are formed by people carving them into ice and are lit up at night.

2. Strawberry Banke Christmas Stroll – The Strawberry Bank Christmas Stroll is in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Houses in downtown Portsmouth are decorated for Christmas as they would have been during the 1700’s, and people can learn about the history of the area as they walk.

3. Gift of Lights – The Gift of Lights is at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Light displays are put up around the speedway, and cars can drive around and look at the lights.

4. Journey to the North Pole – The Journey to the North Pole is in North Conway, New Hampshire. A train runs from North Conway to Lincoln and is made to simulate the train in The Polar Express.

5. Santa’s Village – Santa’s Village is in Jefferson, New Hampshire. It is a small, Christmas-themed amusement park that is open all year but is especially popular during the winter months.