This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.
  1. Go to every tailgate

I can’t believe that it’s my last year of college. I feel like it was yesterday that I was a freshman moving into my dorm. That being said, I want to do as much as I can to make my last year at UNH the best it can possibly be. One of my goals is to go to all of the tailgates and hopefully make it to some of the football games as well. Football is my favorite fall sport and the tailgates and football games are always so much fun and something that I look forward to. 

1. Go apple picking with my roommates

Going apple picking is one of my favorite fall activities and my roommates and I have been saying that we need to go this year. There are so many cute apple orchards and places where you can pick both apples and pumpkins around Durham that we really want to utilize this year! I also love the different baked goodies and treats that you can buy at some orchards so this is definitely something I want to make sure I do this year. 

1. Use the Hamel Rec Center Pool 

Going to the pool is something that my roommate and I checked off of our list early in the year because the Hamel Rec pool closes on Labor Day, but it was so much fun. Having a pool on campus that is free to students is so convenient especially for the early days of the semester when it’s still very hot out. If you’re not a senior then I would definitely recommend going next year when it’s open again. 

1. Go on a hike with friends 

Going to school in New Hampshire, I have learned that there are so many amazing hiking locations very close to campus. My roommates and I try to take a morning hike as often as we can, but we obviously are all busy with work and classes. I really want to make it a priority to go on at least one hike with my friends before it gets too cold out. I love hiking because it allows you to be outside in nature while getting movement in. 

1. Take a trip to the beach 

The last thing on my bucket list for the first semester of senior year is to take a day trip to the beach, either by myself or with some friends. I love the beach so much and I feel like it’s so special to go when it’s not the middle of the summer. There’s something so peaceful about it. I’m going to make it a goal to get to the beach at some point this fall and maybe bring a picnic or a book! I’m super excited for my senior year and I can’t wait for all the memories I will make.

Natalie is a Senior Communication Business Application major at the University of New Hampshire. She is the Social Media & Marketing Manager of UNH's Her Campus Chapter.