This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Scrambling to find some additional courses for next semester before course selection wraps up? Here are three of my all-time favorite courses I’ve taken at UNH so far. :)

Science Fiction

This English class has easily been the most interesting discovery I’ve taken here. The content is so diverse- each week we have a set of science fiction short stories to read, and the theme of each is completely unique. This means that class discussions range from robots, to philosophy, to WWII history, etc! It’s a great class for learning a little about practically everything, but get ready to read a LOT; if you put the work in, it’s not hard to get an A.

Introduction to Psychology

Similar to Science Fiction, Intro Psych was a great class to learn about a huge array of topics. After getting past the foundational concepts, the topics get super interesting- you learn about things like mental health disorders, personality, addiction, and relationships. After taking this my first semester freshman year, I know immediately that I wanted to study neuroscience! Depending on the professor, it’s not a difficult course, and it counts as a Social Science discovery.

Law, Medicine, and Ethics

This is the course that inspired me to pursue a Medical Ethics minor. Some of the case studies we talk about are a little heavy subject-wise, but it’s a great opportunity to discuss hard-hitting topics and learn how to debate these sorts of issues. It’s also not a hard class, but it’s super thought-provoking and interesting content. This course was my upper-level writing intensive, even though you only write one paper!

Emily is a junior Neuroscience & Behavior major on the pre-med track at University of New Hampshire. She loves all things medicine, music, and art, and when she's not studying she can be found spending time with friends or her cat.