This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Growing up 15 minutes outside of Boston has truly been a blessing. I’ve gotten to witness so many championships since the year I born, literally the 2002-03 New England Patriots team. Same thing with my brother and sister getting to experience championships since their birth years, the 2004 Red Sox (that ended the streak, no big deal) and the 2007 Red Sox and ’07-’08 Celtics. A fun fact is that my parents went to Chicago in 2010, when the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, and they got to go to the after-party and touched the Cup. Flash forward a year, the Bruins end up winning the Cup. Safe to say my family has close ties to these Boston teams and love them.

However, being a Boston sports fan has not been easy. These teams never take the easy road to their championships. They make us sweat, cry, scream, but there are always moment of joy no matter what. Fenway Park has become a second home in the summer, while the Garden has always been a special treat to get to go to. I would not want to be from any other city or root for any other teams. The bond the city has with their teams and athletes is indescribable. The athletes always end up speaking highly of the city and the fans. I am truly grateful my parents raised us so close to Boston. It has been a pleasure and I am sure, without a doubt, it will continue to be. :)

University of New Hampshire '24 | Journalism Major | Boston, Mass :)