Late Night Study Snacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Finals come at the worst possible time. It’s the week and a half before summer begins, which means bikinis, shorts, and dresses. Staying up all night cramming for finals not only makes you too tired to work out, but it also creates cravings for late night snacks. Snacking late at night boosts your calorie intake for the day, and your body’s metabolism is slower at night. One way to avoid the cravings is to eat a healthy, substantial amount of food throughout the day. However, exceptions are definitely made during finals week, since you’re stuck in the library at ungodly hours of the night.
 Since the snacking may unavoidable, choose the right snacks, and you’ll be fine.

1. Sugar-free Jello
2. Sugar-free Freeze Pops
3. Fruit
4. Bowl of mixed berries
5. A cup of popcorn (It’s healthiest when you make it yourself!)
6. Low-fat yogurt
7. Apple Slices with peanut butter
8. A lean protein sandwich; like turkey with spinach topped with a little bit of cheese
9. A small bowl of oatmeal, flavored with a drizzle of honey or a pinch of cinnamon
10. A cup of mixed nuts

These snacks will give you nutritious value, which will give you brain power and help you get a good nights sleep, the perfect combination to ace those finals!

New Jersey native, Stephanie, is a junior in the Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire. She is majoring in Business Administration with a dual concentration in Marketing and International Business & Economics. She loves the city and lived there last summer while interning for Ann Taylor. Stephanie loves sushi and Starbucks lattes. She is also a proud member of Alpha Phi and currently serves as the Treasurer on the Panhellenic Council.