This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

By now most of you have probably read about KONY 2012. If you haven’t, it is an international effort to bring down Joseph Kony, one of the world’s worst war criminals. He is the leader for Lord’s Resistance Army (a militant group in Central Africa), and every day he abducts new children that involuntary have to join his forces.
The people behind KONY 2012 has posted a video on the following link, with information about the project, Joseph Kony and what YOU can do to help stop him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

I strongly encourage all colligettes out there to watch this video and do what you can to help make a difference. The KONY 2012 project is such a good example of how mankind should act, and we can all benefit from watching this video. It will not only give you perspective, but also make you realize how lucky you are. No one can choose where they are born, and the children that Kony is abducting have nowhere to run. We are so privileged to be born in this part of the world, where we have a system that protects us from monsters like Joseph Kony. Therefore it is our responsibility as fellow human beings to help those less fortunate than us. Most people realize this, but don’t always know what to do in order to help. So take this opportunity to take part in KONY 2012, and be a part of a group of people that will change the fates of thousands of innocent children. 

New Jersey native, Stephanie, is a junior in the Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire. She is majoring in Business Administration with a dual concentration in Marketing and International Business & Economics. She loves the city and lived there last summer while interning for Ann Taylor. Stephanie loves sushi and Starbucks lattes. She is also a proud member of Alpha Phi and currently serves as the Treasurer on the Panhellenic Council.