This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

It’s everywhere now these specialty juice stores, crazy smoothie ideas with all sorts of stuff you would never think of putting in a drink (kale…ew), juice drinks at your local super market or organic foods store…so why are people doing it? The answer lays in just how much good it can do for your body, from weight loss to an energy boost, the real question is, why should you not juice? If you need any more convincing here’s why you should start the year off helping your body stay healthy by juicing!

• It helps out your immune system by battling colds, flu, and allergies ( because who wants to be sick while at school)
  • Store bought juice is high in sugars, juicing your own has only natural sugars which don’t give you a sugar crash
  • Losing weight, replace a meal with juice and still have your body consume all the necessary nutrients ( just think of how good you’ll look for spring break)
  • An apple a day keeps the doctor away, juice will fulfill your daily fruit and vegetable servings
  • Energy booster without the caffeine crash of coffee
  • Aids in digestion and rids body of harmful toxins
  • Can’t sleep? Juices made from green vegetables provide magnesium which helps your body to relax
  • Stressed out? Nutrients contained in vegetables such as Vitamin C helps the body control stress hormones

Here are a few recipes’ I found and tried out, thanks to Pinterest and procrastination.

–My personal favorite is the Lemon Ginger Zinger for a fruity one while the Mean Green Juice is definitely the best one for you in terms of nutrients (the greens)  and surprisingly tastes pretty great.

— The Fat Burner actually tastes great and has a sweetness to it thanks to the honey.

Happy Juicing!

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!