Career > Work

5 Internship Tips 

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Tips to help secure an internship or a job:

create a strong resume

Resumes are looked at so fast that you want to make sure yours stands out. Be sure to highlight relevant skills and experiences. 

Grow your professional presence online

Create a LinkedIn account and start connecting with classmates, professors, friends and professionals in your desired industry. Begin to think about what your own social media presence looks like and think about removing any unprofessional content.

Network, network, network!

Do not be afraid to reach out to a professional in your industry. By simply messaging someone and asking if they have 10-15 minutes for a phone call, you are able to gain insight from them and gain their connection. Attend career fairs offered at your school. 

Be prepared

You want to be as familiar as possible with your field as well as the specific company. Don’t be afraid to ask around and see who you already know in the field who can help you out.

practice your interview skills

Look up common interview questions and practice answering them out loud. Try mock interviews with your friends and roommates. 

Gabbi is a sophomore Sports Management and Leadership major. She loves fitness, cooking and shopping.