This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

I personally love having a routine. I feel like it sets structure in my life, along with making me feel organized, and productive. At the beginning of each week, I always plan out my days based on what I want/need to get done. Everyday may look a little different but as long as you set forth what you want to get done it, will help you become the best you. Having this routine can help build good habits while carrying you through certain days when you feel unmotivated or physically drained. I know whenever I don’t set a routine for my days, I feel unproductive and get nothing done. Once you set your goals for each day, you will feel fulfilled once you are able to check them off. After creating a routine for the week that works best for you, and continuing to follow that routine, you slowly will start sticking to it. Make your routine something that you will enjoy. Include doing stuff that makes you happy or treating yourself to little things once you accomplish something. Another thing that helps me stick to a routine is having a planner. Being able to write out and see what needs to get done helps you stay focused on what you need to accomplish that day. Just have fun with it and in no time you will have the best routine that works for you!

Freshman! Psychology major at UNH!! Be happy and smile!!