Life > Academics

How To Get Back On Track For The Semester

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.
  1. Reflect 

I try to start the semester by thinking about last semester and what worked for me and what didn’t work for me in terms of school and my everyday life. Being able to acknowledge where you fall short and then change those areas can be very beneficial for making the new semester the best one yet.

1. Set goals 

Setting goals at the beginning of the semester allows me to create a stable foundation of attainable goals that I can work towards. I find that it’s important to set goals that are reachable so that I don’t feel discouraged. Some of my goals this semester are to make time for daily movement, focus on my school work and graduate in May!

1. Prioritize 

Prioritizing has helped me a lot in past semesters. I focus on determining which tasks are most important to those that are least important. This helps me get things done by their deadlines without stress. Getting the most important or most difficult tasks out of the way first always keeps me motivated. 

1. Create a schedule

Having a schedule has been super beneficial to me for having a great semester. Coming back from winter break, I was looking forward to getting back to my routine. I attempt to start my day with movement and a nutritious meal before going to class and studying. Allotting time for specific tasks throughout the day helps me be motivated. 

1. Make time for yourself 

The start of a semester can come with lots of excitement but also stress. I always try to allow myself time to do things that make me happy even if it’s just one thing a day. Watching my favorite show, spending time with friends or listening to a podcast are all things that bring me joy and keep me sane throughout the craziness that comes with school. I’m looking forward to making this semester the best one yet.

Natalie is a Senior Communication Business Application major at the University of New Hampshire. She is the Social Media & Marketing Manager of UNH's Her Campus Chapter.