This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Hey all,

At the beginning of last semester, I received an e-mail saying there was still open spots on a J-Term study abroad trip to Costa Rica. After reading this e-mail I spent the next few days thinking about going to Costa Rica + how badly I wanted to go. About a week after receiving this e-mail, I was meeting with the professor teaching the course + putting in my intent to study abroad with the dean’s office.

After being admitted into the course, there was a number of things I needed to do. One of them was applying for a passport. In my opinion, it was a long process, that I am glad I went through. Another was buying my plane ticket to Costa Rica. Since this was my first time leaving the country and buying my own plan ticket in general, I found it to be quite tricky. Lastly, I had to fit a number of meetings with the professor and the rest of the class into my busy schedule.

However, to me, this was all worth it! The amount of time spent traveling throughout Costa Rica, trying new foods, making new friends, + interacting with the people of Costa Rica make up for the struggles that I had to go through. I believe deciding to spend my J-term in Costa Rica was one of the best decisions I have made in my college career.

What you may not know, is that I am a senior, who has put off studying abroad since I was a first-year. I never knew the right time to fit it in my schedule or what the right program was. All I knew, is that I wanted to study abroad before I graduated. Seeing this e-mail about Costa Rica made my dream of studying abroad come true.

With that being said it is never too late to study abroad during college!

Xoxo,

Heidi

Hey everyone. I'm Heidi, a senior at the University of New Hampshire studying Environmental Science and Justice Studies. I enjoy being outside, giving back to my community and meeting new people!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!