Greater Than Sports: Review of A UNH Alum’s Clothing Company

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

One of my favorite parts about being physically active (other than the health benefits) are all the great comfy clothes that go along with it! With a campus like ours it’s hard to not turn sportswear apparel into everyday wear. In fact, I dare you to even attempt to count all the girls on campus who wear yoga pants or leggings on a daily basis. The only problem with cute, comfortable, and stylish sportswear is that it can be really expensive.

That’s where Greater Than Sports comes in, also known as GTS.

GTS is located in Saratoga Springs, New York. They offer a great website that is easy to navigate, and you can buy online. GTS balances style and sport giving you a comfortable product for lounging or for when you’re looking to sweat! Other than great products and customer service, GTS has its roots deep in the University of New Hampshire.

Kelly Sullivan and Mike Borisenok both graduated last may in 2012. Borisenok, a member of the UNH Men’s Hockey Team, balanced the life of a student, a division one athlete, and an entrepreneur. He invested his life savings into his own stylish athletic apparel company and since graduation it has dedicated his career to growing his company. GTS opened their first retail store this week in Saratoga Springs, NY. Sullivan, the current Executive Design Artist, used her Art Degree to help her design the original workhorse design. Now years later, she’s able to be part photographer, part graphic artist, part fashion designer and the go-to person for anything visual.

Now that I know you’re probably dying to get your hands on some GTS gear let me give you the breakdown of some of my favorite products they have! If you’ve been taking advantage of 3 Bridges Yoga on Main Street this year, you should invest in the women’s foldover yoga shorts. For girls like me who love something comfy another one of my favorite items is the Dolman Sleeve. I can say as someone who wears this all the time that it’s a product you need in your wardrobe.

Foldover Yoga Shorts 

For our HerCampus guys out there I recommend the Heathered Quarter Zip as a way to keep you warm in this New England weather. The Workhorse performance long sleeve shirt is another great product you NEED. However, if you have a girlfriend keep an eye on this product because it could go missing from time to time due to the fact it’s so comfy!

Heathered Quarter Zip

That’s only the beginning. The Shell Jackets they have in addition to the womens tank tops and mens sweat pants are also great items to put in your closet.

If you’re on a team – it gets better. Why not have all your team apparel come from your favorite athletic store GTS! They approach team apparel in a unique way that could give your team a fresh look. Using GTS is the perfect way to get your team exactly what you want.

GTS Custom Sportswear for your club or team! 

The best part about GTS is that they are constantly coming out with new stuff. At Her Campus we know better then to go a few weeks without checking the Facebook page or the website for new items. Enjoy the best part about working out, the clothes! And check out our friends over at Greater Than Sports for all your sportswear needs, tell them Her Campus sent you!