This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Picking out pumpkins and carving them to proudly display on my front porch is one of my earliest and most cherished memories of the fall. Although physically carving pumpkins has a certain charm to it that can never be replaced, I have since moved on from carving and onto to newer (and cleaner) ways of decorating pumpkins. Painting pumpkins is a classic alternative, but here are five more unique, no-carve ways to decorate your pumpkin this fall:

1. Marble Nail Polish

Remember that trend of DIY marble nails? You would add a few drops of different colored nail polish to warm water, swirl it around with a toothpick and then dip your nails in. Turns out this same technique can be used on pumpkins! Use a few of your favorite fall colored polishes, grab your pumpkin by the stem, dip and pull back out for a super chique and fun pumpkin. 

2. Melted Crayon Pumpkin

This method uses another old Pinterest trend. Take the wrapper off of your desired color of crayons, tape to the pumpkin and let your hair blow dryer do the rest! After just a few minutes the wax should start to melt and drip, creating the perfect vibrant pumpkin that is sure to catch some eyes.

3. String Art Pumpkin

This is my personal favorite way to decorate a pumpkin. Start by (carefully) pushing nails into the pumpkin either randomly or in a design. I’ve found it pretty unnecessary to use a hammer, as the pumpkin skin is pretty weak and the nails slide right through, but if tools are your thing, then go right ahead! Next, wrap string around the nails to either bring out the design or just randomly. This is such a fun and creative way to make your pumpkins truly stand out.

4. Masked Pumpkin

For the people who don’t have the time or energy to go all in, this is for you. Put two thumbtacks, nails or whatever you have on opposite sides of the pumpkin. Then simply throw a mask over it! You can use an old disposable mask you have lying around or even just a sleeping mask. This method is almost completely effortless but always ends up looking fun.

5. Glued-on Pumpkin

For this pumpkin idea, get creative and just glue on anything you want! You can use hot glue to stick on pom-poms, gems or googly eyes, or mod podge to lay down feathers, newspaper, candy wrappers, truly whatever you find fitting. Just take the idea and make it your own!

Freshman Social Work major at University of New Hampshire!!