This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Being a student at UNH gives all of us students the great pleasure of enjoying my personal favorite season, fall! Being in New Hampshire, there are so many fall festivities here and luckily there are many enjoyable very close to campus. Every year my roommates and I try to explore campus and see new things and make the best memories while at school!

Farms

There are many farms around UNH that are so fun to visit with friends in the fall. You could go with girlfriends and take photos while picking pumpkins to carve or go apple picking on a date with someone. Farms are also a fun place to go to and have a picnic with friends. You can find many farms in the area! There is even a Sunflower Festival at a farm in Lee right before school starts each summer!

Portsmouth, New Hampshire

Going to Portsmouth is easy to do from UNH and is so pretty in the fall time. UNH Wildcat Transit has bus stops right in downtown Portsmouth that you can take for free! I have done this before and I must say it is so easy and fun to do with friends. The downtown of Portsmouth has great food and many options for shopping to explore! Taking the bus is easy but if you plan on driving it is about a 20-minute drive and be prepared to pay for parking.

Salem, Massachusetts

Going to Salem is the most festive place for fall! The city has excellent food and is perfect for walking around with friends in the afternoon and night. It is the closest place to Halloweentown, so if Halloween is your favorite holiday you must go! There is so much to see like street performers, haunted houses, historical tours, everyone dressed up and so much more. It is only one hour from campus and easy to drive to but prepare to pay for parking.

Haunted Houses

Going to haunted houses is always fun with your big friend group from college. There are multiple ones close to campus like Haunted Overload in Lee, about 10 minutes from campus. Going with friends is always fun or even going on a date night with someone you’re dating or just getting to know.

Fairs

In New England, there are many fairs that happen to get the community together. Going to fairs is so much fun with friends. They have so many fun events that all people will enjoy and you can participate in. They also normally have animals and amazing food and craft fairs to see a lot of local businesses. The Deerfield Fair is fairly close to UNH being about a 40-minute drive away.

Victoria is a senior marketing and management major at the University of New Hampshire. She can most likely be reading her Kindle, watching 'New Girl' or 'Too Hot To Handle', or traveling!