Facebook Statuses We Are All Guilty Of

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

From MySpace to Facebook and Twitter to Instagram, social media has expanded to different platforms and has allowed our generation to communicate with each other in a whole new way. If you are like me, you have tried to look past your embarrassing Facebook status posting days. Unfortunately, unless you have deleted them they are still available for your friends to see and make fun of.  Here are some typical Facebook posts that we are all guilty of. 

1. Giving a play-by-play of your day:

From breakfast to dinner and everything in-between, it used to be a must to make sure everyone knew your schedule for the day. Although no one really cared what you were doing every second of the day, we still let our friends know. Regrettably, these were statuses you could expect from your friends all day everyday. 

2.  Reminding people to call or text you: 

Looking back almost everyone had a status that included the words call/text. At the time this seemed like a good idea, but now it just seems desperate. Lets be honest did anyone actually call or text you after you posted that status? 

3. Posting a song or song lyric:

This was usually done when people had a lyric or song that “perfectly described them right now.” Whether you were mad at your parents or going through a break up, everyone had to know what song you were listening to on repeat. 

4. Continuously posting status updates about your best friend 

We all had that one friend that we liked more than the others. Everyday there was a new post talking about how much you loved that friend or how you once again were hanging out with them. Even though people already knew you two were obsessed with each other, you still reminded them on Facebook. 

5. Adding extra letters to your posts: 

I don’t think anyone actually knows how it ever became popular for people to add extra letters to words. It definitely became a habit for teens everywhere to add at least three extra letters to words in their posts. 

6. Truth Is?

Though this happend a little later on, it became a Facebook trend very quickly. By liking this Facebook status the person would then send you a truth is that was typically something along the lines of “truth is we should talk more” or “truth is you are my best friend”.  These types of posts took up my newsfeed for weeks so i am glad to say that they eventually came to an end. 

7. Wishing everyone a happy holidays:

No matter what holiday it was i guarantee every single one of you posted a “Happy Thanksgiving” or “Merry Christmas” status at some point in time. 

8. Letting everyone know your birthday is soon: 

Facebook tells us when it is one of our friends birthdays yet these posts were beyond poplular. People were either afraid no one would write on their wall or thought their birthday should be as important as a national holiday. 

9. Complaining: 

Ugh middle school/high school was clearly so hard!! Statuses were the place for people to complain about almost anything. Im sure if you scroll through your timeline you will find multipe posts about how tired you were or how much homework you thought you had. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!