This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

“Where are you going for Spring break?” is a question I got asked a lot before break. This question was easy for me to answer and that was “home”. Spring break in college is publicized as going on these fun trips with groups of your friends. What isn’t publicized is staying at home or having to work over break. Although I love going away, being home for break was something I looked forward to. Some people might think going home for a break seems boring, but sometimes it’s enjoyable to have a break from everyday life, doing completely nothing, and sleeping in your own bed. After being at school, having exams, and just busy weeks I wanted to spend my break doing nothing, and that is what I did. I got to catch up on sleep, see my family and watch Netflix. I felt like I physically and mentally needed this break to spend time with myself and do some self-care things for myself. What I did for my self-care was: catch up on sleep, go to my favorite hometown restaurant, read a book, cook yummy foods, workout, get my nails done and much more. It was a nice feeling knowing I didn’t have anything planned out on my schedule and nowhere I needed to go. Sometimes doing nothing at all and relaxing is the best self-care your body needs. Sometimes I feel like personally when you go on vacation you feel like you need another vacation after that one. But for me coming back from break I felt well rested and ready for the next few weeks of school ahead of me. Although I would love to lay out in the sun on a beach, it was a nice time staying at home for spring break. Coming back from a break is always the hardest part, like getting back into a routine, having many hours of homework and not sleeping enough. So having that break at home was nice downtime for preparing myself for after break craziness. 

Freshman! Psychology major at UNH!! Be happy and smile!!