This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

As the semester comes to a close, all I can think about is what I am going to do after finals and throughout winter break. I am sure all of us are dreaming about that right now — getting through those last few weeks of the semester. This includes lots of time to unwind, relax and watch movies that I loved when they first came out. Watching these movies naturally seems to deplete my stress. Nothing is better than watching a movie you loved as a kid. I hope you enjoy some of my Disney movie ideas!

1. Inside Out: This movie is one of my favorite movies. I think it is amazing being able to see how emotions work in your head and as a kid could give you more of a basic understanding. I feel like this movie gives an interesting and fun perspective on emotions in a cute way with the adorable characters and their personalities. This one is especially on my list to rewatch because Inside Out 2 is coming out in June 2024, which will come around sooner than we think!
  2. Frozen: I know this movie is a little cliche but who doesn’t absolutely love Olaf? He is so personable, funny and cute. Personally, I like the second one better because I like the elemental aspect of the Enchanted Forest, but both movies are great movie choices. These movies, I feel, are especially good to watch during winter break because they mostly take place in winter/fall. 
  3. Elemental: This adorable movie just came out this past summer and has quickly become one of my favorite movies. I really love the idea of elements and this movie portrays a realistic personification of elements if they were real people. I also love how they incorporated real-world issues within the movie. This movie also really gets you rooting for these characters. Elemental is such an adorable movie and I suggest you watch it if you haven’t seen it yet!
  4. Tangled: I love this movie and I think it is so entertaining to watch. I know that it has the baseline of just an ordinary Rapunzel story, but Tangled’s plot line has so much more involved in this storyline with the way she and Flynn Rider fall in love, the way her hair is magical and the whole backstory. In my opinion, I think Disney excelled when developing and producing this movie and giving Rapunzel a whole new life. This is a great choice when everybody is fighting over what movie to watch.
  5. Finding Dory: Finding Dory is such a great movie because it brings in so many different aspects of marine and human life. You get to see and hear what being in an aquarium is like from their point of view which is a fascinating perspective even though the movie isn’t real-life. It does tend to have some realistic features though and even just watching the first scene of baby Dory and learning her backstory makes watching this movie over break well worth it. 

I hope these movie ideas gave you an everlasting reminder that we will make it through the last few weeks and into winter break (finally)! I cannot wait to go on a TV show/movie binge the second after I am done with finals myself! I hope finals go well for everybody. We can do this! Hang in there, we are in the home stretch, and don’t forget to rest and have lots of fun over break!

unh '25 be kind to others & love yourself<3