This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Dear Mom,

I miss you everyday, even if I don’t call you everyday. It is not that I don’t want to call you, it is the fact that I don’t always want to bother you with my calls. If I had it my way, you would be with me at school.

I am sorry that I miss so much of what happens at home. It breaks my heart not to be there, especially when you need me the most. For most of my life so far, you have always been there for me and I have always been there for you no matter the situation and I would not trade that for the world. You are my best friend and it is terrible not being with your best friend while you are experiencing all these new things at college. But, I also would not be here experiencing these new things if it weren’t for you.

Mom, you have worked so hard to get me to where I am today. If it wasn’t for your ambition for your children to do better and your inspiration at the times where it was needed the most, I would not be here at this school. If it wasn’t for you encouraging me and telling me I can do better, I would not be at this school working my butt off so I can show you what I really can do. You also understood the difference between me being lazy and me actually not understanding the work and I think that is one of the greatest traits a mother can have. If I was being lazy, you would kick me out of my slump and tell me to get to work. If I was not understanding the material you would take the time out to help me and tell me to get help during school because even though you don’t understand it, you still have to do the work.

Lastly, I wish I were able to hug you everyday, Mom. You may not realize it, but your hugs are the best hugs. I know every time I come home I annoy you with hugs and kisses, but it helps me cope with me not seeing you everyday while I am at school. I miss your beautiful face and laugh all the time and it kills me to only see you over FaceTime and hear you over a phone call. I wish I could be home for you when you are upset and I wish we could have our mother-daughter dates like we do all the time when I am home. It is hard to understand sometimes, but what I am doing here is all going to pay off, because I am going to give you everything you deserve and a whole lot more.

I love you to the moon and back mom,

Your daughter

Instagram: @alexaoleary Communication Major