This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

In the midst of autumn, you may find yourself busy with papers and exams. As the weather is getting colder and the leaves fall, the last thing you want is to be cramped inside the library all day. A coffee shop is a great place to embrace the cozy mindset you will inevitably go to while getting all of your work done. Once you’re there, the long menu can be intimidating and you may find yourself indecisive. Here are a few of the best study day pick-me-ups for this time of year to assist you in your hard work.

Hot Maple Chai

You can never go wrong with a tasty, warm spiced chai on a crisp autumn day. With chai being a black tea, you will get just enough caffeine without overdoing it. New Hampshire maple syrup pairs beautifully with the tea, balancing out the spices with the natural sweetness. If you find yourself needing that extra kick, make it dirty by adding a shot or two of espresso.

sALTED CARAMEL LATTE

Simple, sweet and delicious. Caramel is a staple flavor that compliments espresso perfectly, hot or iced. Never be afraid to add a dash of salt to your flavored latte to change things up a bit. This is a wonderful drink to have alongside an early morning of studying.

gOLDEN MILK With COCONUT

This herbal tea is not only flavorful, but it will help any sore throat or “frat flu” that comes your way this fall. Due to its mixture of turmeric, ginger and cinnamon, it serves as a wonderful natural anti-inflammatory. Unexpectedly, coconut tastes amazing with this tea, while adding the perfect amount of sweetness. This drink is great to have during an evening study session, as there is no caffeine in it. 

Molly is a Recreation Management and Policy major at the University of New Hampshire.