College vs. The Real World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Calling all college students! It’s time for a reality check. While you’re sitting in class daydreaming of Thursday, the real world is happening all around you. Yup it’s there, just waiting for you to join while kicking and screaming and hanging onto your $1 drink for dear life. While some of you still have years left in this world full of naps and unlimited food, others are a mere summer or less away from having to put on real pants every. single. day. 

College: Where food babies are only seconds away

Real World:  Having to budget your money for milk and bread, because loans

College: On your list of things to do are: naps, naps, eating and more naps

Real World: You’re tired all the time because sleeping on the job is frowned upon

College: Sweatpants and yogas all day, every day

Real World:You actually have to look like you spent more than 5 minutes getting ready for the day

College: You can skip class whenever

Real World: You skip work because you’re in the hospital and it’ll cost you a vacation day 

College: Your weekend starts the second your last class is over on Thursday (if you even went)

Real World: It’s more like ‘I’m Tired Thursday’ because you actually have to work at least 5 days a week now

Have no fear, my fellow college people! Leaving college is an exciting and scary experience, but think of all the possibilities and adventures that are out there waiting for you to do now that you’re finally a real life adult! 

UNH Her Campus writer
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!