Wellness > Health

Cheap And Easy Meals I Like To Make 

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

No. 1) Stir Fry: This is one of my all time favorite meals to make, and the way I make it, all it requires is a microwave! All you need for this recipe is Minute rice cups, frozen veggie mix of your choice and a teriyaki sauce of your choice. Personally, I love baby corn in my stir fry, so if the store has no frozen veggie packs with them already included, I also buy a can of mini stir fry corn, but that is an optional ingredient. All you have to do is cook the frozen veggies for four to six minutes in the microwave, cook the rice cup for one minute in the microwave and then combine! Once I combine my veggies and rice, I add my teriyaki sauce and stir it all again. If you would like, you can add protein to yours, but I personally do not put any in mine. Once you’re done with those steps, you can enjoy!

No. 2) Burritos/Tacos: This is another one of my favorite meals to make. The reason why I enjoy this so much is because I love Chipotle, but for some reason, every time I eat the ones from around here, I get sick, so that’s not an option for me when I’m here. Instead, I make my own burrito or burrito bowl! For this recipe, I use tortillas, taco sauce, shredded cheese, tomatoes, avocado, black beans, cilantro lime rice and sometimes sour cream. Any of these ingredients can be replaced or anything can be added, this is just how I like my burritos. The thing I like about this recipe is that you do not need to cook or heat up anything besides the rice! Sometimes I like to warm my tortilla or beans, but most of the time I don’t. This is pretty quick to make and it is super enjoyable if you like mexican food.

No. 3) Pasta: If you’re like me and you love pasta but don’t have access to a stove, this recipe is for you. All you need for this is water, your favorite pasta and your favorite sauce. First, you put the pasta on a deep plate or bowl, whatever you have. Then, you pour water on top, just put as much as you need to submerge the pasta. Then, carefully put the pasta into the microwave. You only need to keep it in there for 7 to 10 minutes most of the time. I like to do mine in three minute increments in case I did not put enough water, or the pasta cooks quicker than normal. After those 7 to 10 minutes, the pasta should be done and all you have to do is put on your favorite sauce!

No. 4) Pizza: Last but not least, this is something I like to make on super busy days, or days where I am lazy and do not feel like making something complex. I buy frozen pizzas from the store, and all you have to do is throw it in the microwave or toaster oven. In the microwave, it takes about three minutes and it actually comes out pretty good. In the toaster oven, it takes more around 20 minutes, but it comes out crispier that way. This is a good meal to enjoy on a day when you do not feel like cooking or eating at the dining hall! 

All of these recipes are fairly quick and easy to make and they are super delicious.

I enjoy spending time with my boyfriend as well as my friends and family. I have a cat names Max. My favorite hobby is going shopping.