Beyoncé’s New Do. Yes or no?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Queen B has done it again- shocked her fan base, and the world with her “new do.”  Having always been known for her ever-changing locks that continue to progress with her booming career, this dramatic style change has thrown most people off.  As of mid-October, Beyoncé cut her bangs, in an itty-bitty way, which most would have never expected.

This has not been the first curve ball Beyoncé’s thrown, though.  In August 2013, the queen of pop made a huge statement when she chopped off her well-known waves for a short pixie.  For such a powerful woman, the simple act of cutting the inches away was to prove that she is beautiful and sexy however she decides to wear her hair.

As of mid October, the queen has yet again made a dramatic change, with her choppy, uneven bangs.  It is not unlike many celebrities to experiment, though.  Lea Michelle, Jennifer Lopez, Taylor Swift, and even Michelle Obama have all played their part in the bangs movement, but Beyoncé’s may take the cake.

Although there has been an array of mixed feelings regarding this intense change, Queen B seems anything but fazed.  After debuting her do on Instagram she has continuously shown off her ever choppy, retro look on Facebook, Twitter, and her personal website (www.beyonce.com).

So what do you think?  After Beyoncé showed off her pixie cut, it became more popular.  After Beyoncé deputed a fierce and sexy fishtail braid at a gala in New York, it became popular.  And after Beyoncé mismatches patterns in her outfit, they become popular.  All in all, Beyoncé is the queen of pop for a reason- her influence on the world.  That being said, will these choppy, floppy bangs be the next new thing?

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!