Life > Experiences

How to Experience Fall to the Fullest

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Fall is officially here! The colorful leaves, the return of the Pillsbury Halloween cookies and the official start of sweater weather are just a few of the reasons I love fall. Here are some ways to experience this fall season to the fullest!

1. Go Pumpkin Picking

Pumpkin picking is one of my favorite activities to do each fall. I love going to the pumpkin patch and picking out pumpkins, it’s always such a fun day. After we get our pumpkins, my friends and I do a pumpkin painting party and paint the pumpkins together which is always a lot of fun. 

Tip: Look on Pinterest for pumpkin painting ideas!

1. Bake a Fall Treat

I know baking is an all-year-round thing but there’s just something so comforting about baking during the fall. Some of my favorite things to bake during this time of year are apple pies, chocolate chip cookies, cinnamon rolls and pumpkin bread. There’s nothing better than watching your favorite Halloween movie while eating a baked good that encompasses the fall spirit. 

1. Decorate

I love decorating for the fall season because it’s a great way to get into the fall spirit. Each year, I get out my Halloween/fall decoration box and hang up all my fall and Halloween-themed decorations. Instead of buying decorations, you could also make your own and invite your friends over for a fall-themed craft night.  

Tip: When you go pumpkin picking buy a few of the mini pumpkins to decorate your windowsills with!

1. Spend Time Outside 

Winter will soon be here before we know it and as much as I love winter time it gets really cold, really fast. Spend the fall season outside as much as possible. I love to go outside and do school work somewhere around campus and look at all the pretty foliage. Also going on walks around campus or in College Woods is also a great way to see all the colorful leaves. Getting outside is the perfect way to experience all the scenic elements of fall!

I hope these tips help you fully experience fall, happy fall!

Hi I'm Julia Ignazio and I live in Massachusetts! I'm currently a freshman at UNH studying psychology.