This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

I have been living in Barcelona for over a month and it has definitely been such an amazing experience. I have met so many people, seen so many amazing things, and have had so many experiences. These are my top favorite things that I have done so far that I definitely recommend when visiting Barcelona!

1. Gondola Ride to Castell de Montjuïc

We did this gondola ride with the program that I’m in and it was one of my favorite things that I’ve done so far. The gondola took us up to Castell de Montjuic, and we got a beautiful view of the city from the gondola and then from the top of Castell de Montjuic. You could see a full 360 of the city and it was something that I loved doing. 

1. Gothic Quarter 

This is definitely a great area to walk around if you’re looking to shop or have a nice dinner. I went there with my program as well and the environment of the area was really lively. There were a lot of different historical buildings and quarters here which were interesting to learn about and experience. 

1. Moco Museum 

Although this is a very touristy place, it was a really fun activity to do with my group of friends. We only spent about an hour here walking around and admiring the art that the Moco has to offer. It was a beautiful museum with many different pieces and rooms. There was something for everyone. 

1. Sagrada Familia

Going to Barcelona, this is definitely one of the top things that you have to do as it is a huge symbol of the city. I have walked past the cathedral many times but I got the opportunity to go inside a few weeks ago and it was an amazing experience. Regardless of if you’re religious or not, it was such an amazing work of art with a lot of interesting and rich history. I think it is something that anyone could appreciate. 

1. Escuela de Música Luthier

My friends and I decided to go to a flamenco dancing class and it was so much fun and definitely something that I would recommend. We went to Escuela de Musica Luthier and we had the best time with the teacher and group there. We got to learn a dance and dress up for our performance in front of the class. This is definitely something that I would recommend as flamenco dancing is very important to Spanish culture!

Natalie is a Senior Communication Business Application major at the University of New Hampshire. She is the Social Media & Marketing Manager of UNH's Her Campus Chapter.