Style > Fashion

7 Budget-Friendly Items for Your Fall Capsule Wardrobe

Updated Published

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I’m a sucker for basics. Give me a light-wash pair of jeans and a white, chunky sweater and I’m golden. As we progress into the colder months, I’ve started thinking about some basic pieces to add to my wardrobe — my capsule wardrobe, if you will — that are timeless and can be styled in countless ways. Here are some of the pieces I’ve found that will refresh your wardrobe for fall without breaking the bank.

Abercrombie Mid-Rise 90s straight jean

I know I said to give me a light-wash pair of jeans, but I love these in the medium wash for fall. It goes without saying that a well-fitting pair of jeans is an absolute staple and can be dressed up or down.

Red Adidas Gazelles

Adidas sneakers have been all the rage in recent months. And for good reason; they are so comfortable, sleek and stylish. I love this statement red pair to add a pop of color to any outfit.

Zara soft hooded coat

I bought this coat in beige last winter and wore it almost every day while studying abroad. It’s so classy and elegant, and for only $70. Plus it has a hood!

H&M leather jacket

I love a black leather jacket to add a little edge to an outfit. My first recommendation is to try to thrift one, but I like this jacket from H&M. It’s fleece-lined too, so it’s sure to keep you warm in the upcoming months.

Old navy cropped cardigan

I absolutely adore this cardigan. I recently bought it in tan; it is so comfortable, and I love that it can be layered! I like to switch up wearing it fully buttoned, only buttoning the top and fully unbuttoning it with a tank top underneath.

H&M Fitted Rib-knit sweater

The sweetheart neckline on this sweater is so flattering and helps to elevate this basic piece. Not to mention that the sleeves flare out — another nice touch. The burgundy one is definitely on my wishlist!

Uniqlo wide-leg trousers

Trousers will never go out of style. This pair reminds me of the viral Abercrombie trousers but at almost half the price!

Kylie is a senior English/Journalism student at UNH. She loves a good cold brew, The Office and any book by Emily Henry.