6 Tricks To Get Back Into School-Mode

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Where did the Summer go? It seemed to have come to an end just as quickly as it began, and it can be hard trying to get back into the swing of things around campus, especially when this beautiful weather has us dreaming of sandy beaches and cold beverages. Maybe you’re feeling a bit stressed transitioning from a summer state of mind to school mode, so here are a few tips on how to make the transition a little easier!

1. Keep a Calendar
After school work, extracurriculars, and plans with friends, it can be hard trying to keep track of everything. A calendar, whether digital or paper, is a great way to make sure you don’t forget anything.

2. Exercise
Your Summer was probably filled with lazy days on the beach or relaxing days at home vegging out on the couch, catching up on some of your favorite TV shows. But now that classes have begun, the days are much busier and can leave you feeling stressed. Exercise is a great way to deal with the stresses of school and also leaves you looking great!

3. Meet with your professors
Professors love to see that you’re interested in class, but going the extra mile to get to know them will make a lasting impression and will help you stand out from the rest. Make an effort to stop by during their office hours or stay a few minutes after class to formally introduce yourself.

4. Join extracurriculars
There’s always room in your schedule for some fun activities with a group of friends. Joining an athletic or academic club is a great way to branch out from your circle of friends and it also looks impressive on a resume.

5. Relax!
As king as you stay organized and prepared, the rest will fall into place. Don’t stress about the things you can’t control and just enjoy the year. These are the best years of your life!

Leah Tully is currently studying nutrition, wellness, and writing at the University of New Hampshire.