Life > Experiences

6 Spooky Season “Date” Ideas You’ll Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Spooky season has arrived again! A time full of fun activities to get out there and do! I use the term “date” ideas loosely, cause honestly, you could do these as friend date ideas or even on your own if that’s your thing! I’m just here to share some fun ideas of activities to go do this spooky season that can get you in the fall mood or scare your socks off!

Pumpkin Patch

Ah, the most basic but fun outing idea that everyone thinks of when it comes to fall. What’s not to love about going to a small farm to pick out pumpkins, eating some donuts, and drinking apple cider! Not only would this be a cute activity to do with your date, but you can also have a blast with friends and even get some cute Instagram pictures, because who doesn’t love those. :)

Haunted Corn Maze (Or A Normal One, Either Way)

Let’s be honest, who doesn’t like getting lost in a big field where you can barely see a few feet in front of you! I know that haunted corn mazes aren’t for everyone, so even going to one where you can still see the sun and don’t have random strangers jumping out on the path to scare you can be fun. Going to a haunted corn maze may be one of the most fun things you could do on a date, since your date will be able to protect you, like going to a scary movie! This could also be a fun double/group date idea because there’s safety in numbers, right?

Halloween Movie Marathon

Okay, I know I’m not the only one who loves a good Halloween movie marathon. Sitting down with a nice blanket and watching Halloween Town or Hocus Pocus is honestly the BEST way to get into the spooky/fall vibes. It’s so fun to get to sit down with all of your friends, or cuddle up next to your love, and watch some classic Halloween movies. This could also be turned into a scary movie marathon for those who love to be spooked a little.

Apple Picking

Once again, this is a little less Halloween and a little more fall, but still a super cute activity to go do with friends, family and partners. Like the pumpkin patch, there are usually other fun activities to take part in at apple orchards. If not, then take those apples back home and make another date…making apple goodies! Not going to lie, I love some apple crisp, so this date idea would be high up on my list. This activity could turn into a full day of dates!

Carving Pumpkins

Alright, so you’ve picked out your pumpkins from that date earlier, now time to decorate them the best you can! Make a competition out of it, who can carve the best pumpkin!? Time to make some funky little jack-o-lanterns and maybe even make some pumpkin food afterward…roasted pumpkin seeds and pumpkin pie anyone?!

Spooky Basket Making

Imagine this, like a secret Santa…but with spooky baskets! I know, I know, super cute idea for all those friend groups out there. Even if you don’t want to do this in a group, you and your date could make baskets to surprise each other with! Or…you could go out there and make a spooky basket for yourself! Go to Bath and Body Works to get those pumpkin spice-scented candles and those yummy candies from Target…no one said you couldn’t treat yourself to a spooky basket this season. ;) Let’s be real, spooky baskets are just so cute and really get you into the spooky season mood.

I hope that these ideas can help you figure out your next date/group activity for this spooky season! Let’s be honest, there are just so many fun things to do this time of the year! Now’s the time to start making memories with all the people you love. Have a safe, but fun, spooky season everyone! <3

My name is Haley Ott and I am a business student at UNH. I plan on pursuing a minor in Real Estate.