5 Things to Do Before Graduation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

It’s already almost the end of my senior year in college and I can’t even begin to explain how fast the past four years have gone by. It feels like yesterday that I was moving in to my room in Christensen. As my last semester of college flies by, I have been brainstorming a list of things I want to do before I graduate. It should be recognized that some items on this list have been done before (by me, and probably you as well), but they are things I believe should be done again one last time (in some cases more than once!). Also, this list is in no particular order.?

1. There are some great restaurants in this area and I believe every senior should attempt to eat at every restaurant on campus at least once. This includes Libby’s, DHOP, JP’s, Wildcat Pizza, The Dairy Bar, Mei Wei, The Knot, Village Pizza, The Bagelry, Wings Your Way, Pauly’s Pocket, and Kaleida-Scoop (sadly no more Stat’s). If you’re not too full after hitting all of those you may also want to try some amazing local restaurants that aren’t too far from campus. This includes La Festa Pizzeria in Dover, The Holy Grail in Epping, Newick’s Lobster House in Dover, The Big Bean in Newmarket, and of course all of the eateries Portsmouth has to offer. Bon Appetit!?

2. Designate one night of the weekend to a Durham bar crawl. Hit up The Knot, Libby’s, and Scorp’s in one night. What better way to celebrate the end of your college career than by visiting all of your favorite bars all in a few hours. Get a crew of your friends together and try to plan it out so you get the best deals at each bar!?

3. The campus is finally covered in grass again, we all know T-Hall lawn will be filled with students taking naps, playing Frisbee, walking on a tight rope, or just hanging out with friends. Grab a book or a friend and head over! You’ll miss being able to sit outside on a beautiful spring day when you’re working 9-5.?

4. Spend a day in Portsmouth. Even if you don’t have a car, the UNH bus can get you there, and if you plan on drinking, Safe Rides can get you home. I suggest going for a day with friends when it’s warm and sunny out. Go shopping, get some great food at the Portsmouth Brewery or Fat Belly’s, then later at night enjoy the bar scene at The Page or The Gaslight.?

5. Check out the local beaches! It’s finally warm out so hop in a car and head to Pirate’s Cove in Rye or Hampton Beach. You’re bound to see a ton of other UNH students, especially when they overtake Pirate’s Cove as soon as the weather hits a consistent 65 degrees. This is definitely a must-do before graduation. Tip: Get to Pirate’s Cove early when the weather says we’re having a beautiful day, especially on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday. The side of the road parking makes it difficult to find a spot and if you get there too late you may end up parking spot a long walk away.

New Jersey native, Stephanie, is a junior in the Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire. She is majoring in Business Administration with a dual concentration in Marketing and International Business & Economics. She loves the city and lived there last summer while interning for Ann Taylor. Stephanie loves sushi and Starbucks lattes. She is also a proud member of Alpha Phi and currently serves as the Treasurer on the Panhellenic Council.