This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

One of my favorite things about self-growth is that it is a never-ending process. There is no limit to how much you can better yourself and you can always find new ways to live your life in alignment with what makes you happy. Here are some of my favorite quotes that have been inspiring me to remember each day is a new start, its never too late to change who you are and where you’re going, and most importantly to realize how far you’ve come. 

“Everything has changed and yet I am more me than I’ve ever been” – Iain Thomas

I love this quote because it makes you realize that throughout the years, when something shifted in your life, it may have been hard in the moment but everything has brought you to the person you are now. I like to think that with each change in life, you are getting that much closer to the person you’re meant to be. 

“If you had started doing anything two weeks ago, by today you would have been two weeks better at it” –  John Mayer

First off, I love John Mayer so anything he says goes. Second, I like this quote because it is a more practical saying for self-growth. It gives the simple message of stop procrastinating and just start whatever you have been thinking about so long because you could have already been so much further. 

“Get in the habit of asking yourself ‘Does this support the life I’m trying to create?’” – Unknown

I think about this quote a lot because you can apply it to your everyday life. If you think back to where you were last year, you can see how the choices you made led to where you are now. If you apply that to how you are living your life every day right now, you can take control of shaping your next year to how you want it to look. Sometimes I think self-growth is realizing the control you can have over your life and taking action. 

“I could tell you my adventures- beginning from this morning, but it is no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” – Lewis Carroll

This quote reminds me that every day is a new start.  No matter what happened the day, week or year before, it does not have to make up who you are today.  You get to decide who you are and when you want to start over. 

“What you surround yourself with should bring you peace of mind and peace of spirit” – Stacy London

For this last quote, I really like how it reminds us that no matter how much you can choose to work on yourself, you are still a product of your environment.  Choosing who you spend your time with and where to spend it can have a huge impact on your own personal growth, so make it easier on yourself and only immerse yourself in things that bring you closer to the life you want to live.

Hi my name is Lizzy and I am a junior neuroscience major with a philosophy minor! :)
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!