This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

The holidays are the best time of the year and what’s better to celebrate them with but fun, festive desserts! Check out these great recipes to add some yummy treats to your holiday!

Christmas Sugar Cookies with frosting

What do you need?

For the cookies: Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix, Christmas shapes cookie cutters, Festive sprinkles

For the Icing: butter, confectionary sugar and evaporated milk

Directions: Follow instructions for Betty Crocker Cookie mix, then roll out the cookie dough and use the cookie cutters to make fun shaped cookies. Cook for as long as directions indicate. To make the frosting you heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan until golden brown then beat in 2 cups of sifted confectionary sugar and 1 quarter cup of evaporated milk. Once the cookies have cooled, frost them and add festive sprinkles!

Christmas Tree Brownies

What do you need?

Brownie mix, candy canes, frosting, Red Hot candies, and sprinkles

Directions: Follow instructions for brownie mix. After brownies are cooked cut them into triangle shapes to look like Christmas trees. Then decorate the brownies with green frosting, sprinkles and Red Hot candies to look like decorations. Last, stick a candy cane in the bottom!

Chocolate Peppermint Patty Cupcakes

What do you need?

Box of devil’s food cake, 1 can of La Croix, 1 bag of York Peppermint Patties (small ones), ½ cup of cool whip, 1 teaspoon of Peppermint Extract, and Green Food Coloring

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 and combine cake mix and La Croix (or 8oz Sparking Water) and mix well. Spoon into paper-lined cupcake tins until 2/3 full. Then, unwrap peppermint patties and add on top of each cupcake. Bake for 18-22 minutes (following package directions). After done baking, let cool. In a separate bowl, combine cool whip, peppermint extract, and a small amount of green food coloring. Also, add peppermint for taste. Once well mixed, use a knife to spread the icing!

Chocolate covered pretzels

What do you need?

Pretzels, chocolate chips (dark, milk, white, caramel, peanut butter), sprinkles, and candy canes

Directions: Heat chocolate in a pan on the stove until creamy. Dip pretzels into the chocolate and then cover with sprinkles, chocolate chips or crushed up candy canes to make an easy, delicious dessert! Let the chocolate harden and enjoy!

Gingerbread Latte Cupcakes

What do you need?

For cupcakes: 1 ¼ cups of all purpose flour, 1 ½ teaspoons of ground ginger, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon of ground cardamom, 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg, ½ teaspoon of allspice, ¼ teaspoon of salt, ½ stick plus 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, ½ of granulated sugar, ½ cup of unsulfured molasses, 1 large egg, ½ cup strong coffee, 1 teaspoon of baking soda.

For lemon cream cheese frosting: 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar, ½ teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest, 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of thinly sliced crystallized ginger.

Directions: For the cupcakes: Add flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, allspice and salt in a bowl and mix. Then add ½ stick of butter and granulated sugar in a bowl and beat until mix is fluffy. Add molasses and egg and beat until the mix is smooth. In a measuring cup combine the baking soda with ½ cup of hot, strong coffee and stir until baking soda is dissolved. Stir the baking soda mix into the molasses mix and then combine with the flour mixture. Stir until all ingredients are mixed well. Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool and then make the frosting.

For the frosting: Add cream cheese, the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, confectioners sugar and vanilla into a bowl and beat until fluffy. Then add in the zest and lemon juice and beat together. Chill the frosting for 30 minutes and then frost your cupcakes! Add a cute gingerbread cookie to the top to decorate it! 

UNH class of 2015
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!