5 Creepy Cocktails & Magic Mixes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Remember how exciting Halloween was as a kid? It was this crazy night where you dressed up as your favorite animal or Disney princess, then went out with friends when it got dark and collected as much candy as possible from as many housed as possible, until your parents yelled at you to come in because it was getting too late. Well, I guess you could say not much has changed since then. We still go out with friends at night and dress up as animals, just this time with a lot less clothing and much cuter shoes. The only thing we don’t get to do anymore is trick-or-treat, which kind of sucks…I mean who doesn’t want free candy?! But we’re now in college, and everyone still gets just as into the Halloween spirit (if not more) then back in middle school. And hey, who needs candy when we have alcohol?

So, here a some yummy and delicious drink ideas for this years Halloween, and since it’s on a Wednesday, there’s going to be many days to celebrate. Why not get into the spirit and create some fun drinks to share with friends!

Skeletons In Your Closet
1 ½ parts Hornitos Tequila
1 part DeKuyper Island Blue Pucker
1 part Mango Juice
1 part Pineapple Juice

For you tequila lovers out there! Shake these ingredients over ice until well blended and serve on a salted rim cup. Be careful what you reveal…

SKYY Wicked Witch Apple Punch

1 bottle Skyy Infusions Passion Fruit Vodka
1 bottle Ginger Ale (1 Liter)
1 bottle Cranberry Juice (64 oz.)
1 bottle Apple Cider
2 cups Pineapple Juice

For those of you planning on having friends over…this is the perfect punch to share. Combine all ingredients and to really get in the spirit, buy a cheap plastic witches bowl to serve the punch in.

The Jack-O-Lantern

2 oz. Skyy Infusions Citrus Vodka
1 oz. Mango Nectar (GOYA brand, sold almost everywhere)
½ oz. Orange Juice
½ oz. Sour Mix

Combine all ingredients, mix vigorously, add ice, and drink up!

Candy Apple Jell-O Shots
1 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin (Kraft brand, available at Wal-Mart)
½ cup water
1 cup hard apple cider, divided in half
¼ cup Apple pucker, or other sour apple schnapps

Combine the water with ½ cup cider in a saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over it and let sit for a few minutes. Heat over low heat, stirring, until the gelatin starts to dissolve. Cool till just warm. Stir in the remaining cider and the apple schnapps. Pour into cups and chill for at least 4 hours. When finished, you can add a little drizzle of caramel syrup…yum! Or, if you want to go the gross-out route, stick in some gummy worms before it gels to get a jell-O shot with a side of worms!

Blood Tube Jell-O Shots
A fun way to change up the original jell-o cup shots that’s perfect for Halloween! They look gross and gory but taste delicious!

3 oz. package of cherry jell-o
1 cup of boiling water
½ cup vodka
½ cup of cold water
12 plastic test tubes

First, mix the jell-o with the boiling water. Stir until it is completely dissolved and then let it cool to room temperature. When the mix is cool add the cold water and vodka. Then, stir to combine. Carefully pour the mix into each test tube, filling them until they are about halfway full. Refrigerate the “blood-filled” tubes for about 4-5 hours before serving.

http://www.barnonedrinks.com/tips/articles/halloween_drinks.html

Leah Tully is currently studying nutrition, wellness, and writing at the University of New Hampshire.