19 Reasons Why Every Girl Needs A Guy Bestfriend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

1.      They Are Very Protective

Guy friends will always have your back. The second somebody tries to hurt you, they step in without hesitation because they never want to see you upset.

2.      Their Honesty

“That doesn’t look good on you” or “Stop, you’re being overdramatic” are phrases often said by your guy friends and you don’t even think they are mean because you know it’s about time somebody gave you the tough love you needed.

3.      They Can Make Other Boys Jealous

Strangers always compliment you two on being a cute couple, little do they know you two are, and always will be, just friends. This can come in handy though, because even if we are ashamed to admit it, we have all used our guy friends to make another boy jealous at some point.

4.      There Is No Drama

If you two fight it’s literally for like a minute and then it’s over with. Guys say what they need to say and then move on, because they know it’s not worth it.

5.      Your Mutual Friends

Girls sometimes have a hard time sharing friends. With guys, they’ll introduce you to all of their ‘bros’ and even invite you when they all make plans. The best part is it’s not even weird when you’re the only girl because they just treat you like you’re one of them.

6.      Their Unconditional Love

They’ve seen you at your lowest point, and at your highest and they wouldn’t have it any other way. Of course they still get disappointed and frustrated when you don’t take their advice and go back to your ex but in the end, they support you no matter what.

7.      They Are Easy To Make Plans With

You don’t have to force conversation and then eventually lowkey ask someone if they are busy. With your guy friends all you have to say is “I’m coming to pick you up” and they’ll be ready by the time you get there. They don’t have to spend an hour getting ready or need a specific itinerary of what you’re doing and when. 

8.      You Can Cuddle With Each Other

It’s like getting all the benefits of having a boyfriend without the commitment. (Who doesn’t want that?) They’ll watch movies with you, share the blankets, play with your hair when you have a headache… and it’s not even awkward because you know you’re just friends.

9.      Their Advice

They know how guys think!!! They understand all the mixed signals you’re getting from your new crush and they know exactly how to handle it.

10.   They’ll Be Your Biggest Fan

Your guy friends are the ones in the crowd holding up signs cheering you on, watching you out on the field. They’re the first to say “good game” and high five you when it’s over, even if it wasn’t really a good game.  

11.   They’re A Good Last Minute Date

They know how you feel about being the only single friend, so they don’t mind putting on their nicest clothes and being your date for a night. Around the holidays you won’t even have time to feel sorry for your single self because they’ll do things like go ice skating with you during Christmas break or buy you chocolates on Valentine’s Day.

12.   They Won’t Judge You For Crying

We all cry over the silliest things sometimes but our guy friends are always there to listen. They may laugh in confusion but they always end up making you crack a smile through the tears.

13.   They Treat Your Siblings Like They Are Their Own

It never bothers them when your little brother wants to crash your plans or when your sister cuddles with you guys on the couch. He treats your siblings just like he treats you, which means stupid little fights between you all are bound to happen. 

14.   Their Music Selection

In the car you two are always bumpin’. Somehow he finds the coolest remixes of songs, and he doesn’t mind screaming along to Justin Bieber with you. Neither of you are the best singer but that’s what makes it better.

15.   You Become Immune To All The Gross Things Guys May Do Sometimes

Hanging out with guys a lot will help you to not be so bothered when other boys are their usual gross selves. As time goes on, you basically become one of the boys anyways.

16.   They’re Easy To Talk To

Instead of changing the subject to their own problems, they sit there and listen to you talk for sometimes hours without interrupting. Because sometimes all we need is for someone to listen to us and hug us afterward.

17.   They Aren’t Afraid To Compliment You

They know when you could use a self-esteem boost and they aren’t afraid to comment on your IG posts saying how good you look.

18.   They Can Easily Make You Laugh When You Need It

They know every single thing that makes you laugh and somehow get you to smile even when you’re crying.

19.   They Are Willing To Do All The Stuff Your Girl Friends Won’t Do With You

Guys are perfect for watching football and hockey games with and they’ll do reckless things with you that you could only picture yourself doing with them. 

I am a senior at the University of New Hampshire studying Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing and a minor in communications. I'm so excited to be HC UNH's CC this year! Check out my blog: https://www.cupoftblog.com/ HCXO <3
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!