10 Ways to Shake Up Your Wardrobe for Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

With winter fast approaching, it’s time to reevaluate your wardrobe! But just because you need more layers to fight off the cold weather, doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice your style! So here are 10 trends to help you take on this winter in style:

1.     Ankle Booties

Give those knee-high leather boots you wear everyday a break and step into a pair of booties!  If you haven’t already invested in a pair, DO IT, I promise you won’t regret it! Not only do they come in a variety of different styles from wedges and heels to something a little lower and more comfortable for those busy days; but they also transition perfectly from a day of classes to a night out!

2.     Pointed- Toe Flats

Pointed toes are getting a lot of love this season! Whether you’re looking for something to slip on with your jeans or a more professional look for those big class presentations that are quickly approaching, pointy-toed flats are a fun spin on a classic look.

3.     Distressed Denim

No need to spend money on this one! Take one of your old faded jeans and make your own DIY distressed denim and give them a fresh new look.  Whether you want a more dramatic look or something a little on the subtle side, this look is the perfect way to dress down that top you save solely for the weekends. 

4.     Fuzzy Sweaters

Let’s be honest, the colder it gets, the harder it is to get out of bed in the morning. Do yourself a favor and add one of these fuzzy sweaters to your wardrobe! Not only are they incredibly soft and comfy, but they’ll stand out among the sea of sweaters this winter. And since they require zero effort, throw it on over some leggings and head off to class!

5.     Turtlenecks

Turtlenecks are another great way to up your sweater game for winter. This look is sure to keep you warm on the coldest winter days, no scarf needed.

6.     Leather Leggings

This is definitely a look to save for the weekends, but you’ll be glad you did. Not only are they comfortable, but they’re easy to pull off. Pair them with a simple top, and some statement jewelry and you’re ready to go!

7.     Faux Fur Vest

I know we all love our puffy vests, but it’s time to switch it up! With all different colors and textures to offer, faux fur vests are the perfect way to stay warm and stand out this winter!

8.     Fringes

Even though the warm weather is gone, this trend is here to stay! I definitely suggest adding some fringe to your wardrobe. From sweaters, to scarves, bags, and even shoes there are so many way to incorporate the look and it will definitely give a fresh take on your favorite go-to outfits.

9.     Beanies

Because they’re cute and keep you warm, but mostly because they’re the perfect solution to a bad hair day. ‘Nuff said.

10.     Color Trend: Blues

Among the many standout colors emerging for the upcoming winter season, this is definitely the one to take advantage of. Not only is adding some blue to your wardrobe the perfect excuse for your next shopping trip, but it’s also the perfect reason to embrace your wildcat pride. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!