10 Ways to Celebrate the Ultimate Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Valentine’s Day… one of the hardest days if you happen to be single, but this can easily be fixed with the company of all of your closest single girl friends to transform Valentine’s Day into the ultimate Galentine’s Day!

1. Treat Yo Self

Call up all of your single girlfirends and let the pampering begin at your favorite spa for manis, pedis, facials, and massages… the ultimate way to start off this Galentine’s Day.  Although if you’re balling on a budget like me, then all of the spa necessities can be easily acquired at home, which is equally as fun and exciting! You and your gal pals can have fun making home-made face masks and taking turns painting each others nails.

2.  Snacks, snacks, and more snacks

What is Galentine’s Day without the pizza, chocolate, ice cream, and all other goodies?  Everybody knows that a girls’ favorite activity is spending time with their besties while eating everything in sight so you can’t go wrong baking every type of heart shaped food you can possibly find!

3.  Shopping Spree

A girl’s favorite form of therapy… Shopping.  This is the best way to spend your Galentine’s Day with your besities and then turn it into an all out fashion show featuring all of your new and stylish finds! Frolicking around the mall and picking up some new clothes will definitely help to diminish that Valentine’s Day blues!

4. Movie Marathon

Everyone knows a girl’s weakness is a chick flick, especially a romantic comedy.  Turn your living room into the ultimate girl fort filled with blankets, pillows, and every snack imaginable, and let the movies begin!

5. Girls’ Night Out

If staying in isn’t a part of your ideal Galentine’s Day, you can spend it with your girl squad taking on the city in your fanciest clothes and going out to eat at your fave restaurant. Instead of moping around on this holiday, you can choose to turn it into a night filled with memories. This helps you to perfectly embody the look good feel good life style, while prancing around the city with your best friends!

6. DIY’s

Take on this Galentine’s Day with some fun and crafty DIY’s straight from Pinterest. Whether you need new decorations for your room or new baking ideas, Pinterest is the place for you. Crafting can be extremely therapeutic and fun especially when spent with your favorite girls! 

7. Karaoke

Make this Galentine’s Day extra silly with a karaoke session filled with oldies and newies! You and your gal pals can harmonize to your favorite songs and let loose!

8. Dance Party

With all of your musical juices flowing from the karaoke its time to bust out those dance moves! Blast your all time favorite artists that show all the girl power that comes with Galentine’s Day.  My personal faves are Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, and Nicki Minaj. These artists are sure to get every girl in the room onto her feet and showing off their inner diva!

9. Photo Booth Fun

Get cozy in your cutest pajamas and set up a DIY photobooth! This way all of your memories from this night will be saved and you might even get a cute Instagram out of this! All of your friends celebrating Valentines Day will be jealous of all the Galentine’s Day festivities that they are missing out on! 

10. Little Love Notes

Take the opportunity this Galentine’s Day to let your best friends know just how much they mean to you by taking some time to write them a personal love letter.  Who needs a valentine when you have your besties?  These love letters will show each of your friends how much you appreciate and care for them. Once you all read them, the love in the room will be almost too much to handle! 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!