10 Unique Places That Need to be on Your Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Traveling is something I hear college kids talking about wanting to do at some point in their lives, may it be during college, after college, in between jobs.  Honestly, you can hop on a plane to anywhere pretty much whenever. But why go somewhere generic like Paris or London when you can go somewhere utterly unique.  Now, I have been privileged enough to travel to many different countries and it is so cool to see how different each one is. The food, the people, the history, everything is just so interesting!  When I was younger, I made a bucket list of places I wanted to visit (some I have crossed off the list) and I definitely suggest you do too!  But you might be asking yourself, “but where do I start?”  Well, think no more because here are 10 very different places that absolutely need to be on your bucket list:

1. Sicily, Italy

Blue water, rocks to jump off of, cute Italian boys and pizza; life could not get any better here.  Always have money for a taxi though because you do not want to be walking those step hills on foot.

2. Victoria Falls bordering Zimbabwe and Zambia in Africa

Be sure to take a helicopter ride to get the full effect as to how big these falls are.  You can even sit at the edge of one of the falls. Don’t look down!

3. Fingal’s Cave on the island of Staffa in Scotland

It is a little bit of a long boat ride but it is so worth it! Square rocks! I mean come on who wouldn’t want to see that.

4.  Harbour Island, The Bahamas

Believe it or not, the sand is actually pink.  This island is so small that normal cars don’t even fit on it so people drive around in golf carts. 

5. Zhangye Danxia landform in Gansu, China

Who doesn’t want to visit rainbow mountains?  This is actually the result of red sandstone and mineral deposits being laid down for over 24 million years.

6. The Headlands, Marin County, California

You definitely will not regret taking a hike through these beautiful mountains.  You can even get some pretty cool photos of the Golden Gate Bridge.  Go during sunset and don’t go when it’s foggy.

7. The Galapagos Islands

Spitting iguanas, giant tortoises and adorable seals, this place has got the whole package.  Be sure to go snorkeling and see some of the amazing reefs.

8. Vaadhoo Island in the Maldives

Not only is this place beautiful during the day but the sea glows at night.  You might even be able to stay in an underwater hotel.

9. Zhangiiajie Stone Forest, Yunnan, China

These mountains were the inspiration to the floating mountains in the movie Avatar.  Take the elevator all the way to the top to get the full effect.

10.  Werfen Ice Caves near Salzburg, Austria

Bring a very warm coat because it can get really cold in there.  These caves are made out of 95% ice and it never melts.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!