Transitioning Your Fav Staples From Winter to Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNF chapter.

Welcome to Florida, where the sun shines on Sunday, and the snow falls on Tueday.

Okay, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but we all know how Florida weather can get between seasons. Mother Nature’s’ mood changes so often during the transitioning stage you never really know what to wear when you wake up. Her Campus is here to help with this winter to spring entry. The ‘struggle’ will never be too real with these transitioning staples.

• Booties

You know those combat booties you wore all winter…with everything? Well you still can, even in the Spring. Combat boots and the occasional bootie can be worn on the chillier spring days, whent he sun is out but the breeze is still cool.You can either dress them up with a floral dress or dress them down with shorts and a flannel. The only difference between now and winter would be to avoid the clunky boots! The ones that went great with an oversized sweater may be too overbearing for a flowy skit-top combo. Stick with boots that hug at the ankles in order to complete the out together silhouette. 

• Leggings

Can we just ditch the idea that leggings can’t be pants and move on with our lives? Yes? Great! Because those leggings you can’t seem to stop wearing during the winter can still be worn in the spring. You may want to skip the sleeves that kept you warm all through December, and instead go foer a loose and flowy tank. Pastels on black are a nice juxtapostion of color, and a great tranisition from the cooler colors of winter to the bright and warmer tones of the spring. But, now is also the time you can bust out the colores leggings! Comfy and cute is always a plus when getting ready in the morning.

• Cardigans

If you’re a Florida girl, then you know during spring it isn’t the temperature that gets to you, it’s the breeze! Cardis are a good way to fix that, but not overheat when the weather decided to change. Whether it’s an oversized cardi or on that fits more snug, they are great as a cover-up to keep you warm in the cool weather. One thing, though! Try to shy away from the cardis that give you more of the oxford feel. They’re nice to button up with jeans in the winter, but when left open, they can give you more of a boxy shape. If you’re going oversized, opt for a flowy feel, but something that can still block out the breeze. 

Have fun, collegiettes!

Photo Credit:All photo credits are embedded as click-through links on pictures.

My name is Techeira Francis and I am a Junior at the University of North Florida. I am a Criminal Justice major with a minor in Psychology. I am planning on having a career with the federal government working for Homeland Security. My interests include mystery murder books, caramel macchiatos, all criminal case shows (and I mean ALL), telling myself to go to the gym, and tea.
My name is Maya Dartiguenave, and I am a senior at the University of North Florida. I'm a communications major, with a focus in public relations. Reading, writing, anything to do with words is what holds my true interest, which is why I'm so happy to be a part of Her Campus! I'm so excited to have started UNF's chapter of Her Campus!While I claim to be a Florida girl for now, my heart belongs to Philadelphia, always. (Go, Eagles!) I hope to move away from Florida after graduation, work my way through grad school, and begin my career in publishing. The future is definitely going to be an adventure, and I can't wait for it!