What I Want to See Happen in “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

If you read my last article, you know that I’m a huge Harry Potter fan. I have been since middle school and love the magical world I can delve into when I reread the books or watch the movies.

When I found out they were making another movie that takes place in the wizarding world—a prequel taking place in New York in the 1920s—I was ecstatic. I would get a chance to see all the movies in the theater (which I didn’t get to do with the originals except for the final film) and I’d get to escape into a world of magic again.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (FBAWTFT) is one of my all-time favorite movies, and every time I watch it again, I get enthralled in the story. When I found out I’d have to wait two years for a sequel, I settled in for the painfully long hiatus.

Finally, FINALLY, my wait is over. I did my waiting…two years of it…and the movie is in theatres tonight! Unfortunately, I won’t get a chance to see it until Thanksgiving Break, but here are some things that I want to happen in the new movie, The Crimes of Grindelwald.

**Warning: Spoilers for Fantastic Beasts and potential future spoilers for The Crimes of Grindelwald**

1. Queenie and Jacob need to get back together.

Watching Jacob forget his new friends at the end of FBAWTFT was heartbreaking. I had a feeling they wouldn’t keep the lovebirds apart for long, though…

2. JUSTICE FOR CREDENCE!

Ezra Miller’s character Credence Barebone deserves the world. It was implied at the end of the last film that he wasn’t really dead, and the trailers for the new one prove it. I just want him to be happy, is that too much to ask?!

Also, can we talk about Ezra slaying the red carpet? WE STAN.

3. Dumbledore just being…Dumbledore.

I’m excited to see Jude Law’s portrayal of Dumbledore; I’ve always known him as a wise old wizard with a beard down to his belly button, so I’m curious to see what he was like as a younger person. If he doesn’t mention knitting patterns or lemon drops, I’ll be a little disappointed.

4. A cute Tina/Newt Reunion (and more about their relationship).

The good thing about these movies being prequels is that we know for a 100% fact that Newt and Tina are going to end up together at the end (and Luna Lovegood is going to marry their grandson—true story!). Since we don’t have to worry about one of them getting maimed horrendously by Grindelwald’s cronies, I want to see them get closer as friends…and then immediately become more than friends.

5. More magic—and lots more creatures!

The best part of the movies is when the wizards cast spells. Each wizard has a unique wand, and it looks like so much fun watching the actors hurl jinxes at each other. I also want to see more of the creatures in Newt’s suitcase and check in on the creatures from the last movie. Is Pickett the Bowtruckle doing okay?

Are you excited for The Crimes of Grindelwald? Tweet @HerCampusUNCW with your predictions for the film, out in theaters November 16th!

[Gifs courtesy of giphy.com. Photos courtesy of Twitter, Tumblr, Teen Vogue, Pinterest]

Rachel is a senior and Creative Writing major/English minor at UNCW. She loves to write about entertainment and often publishes listicles on her favorite movies, music, and TV. Rachel is probably rereading the Percy Jackson books, watching comedy specials on Netflix, or petting a dog right about now. Sometimes, she's doing all three.