This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

If you grew up watching tv, chances are you watched your fair share of cartoons and kids’ TV shows. But do you remember them all? Here are some childhood classics to jog your memory!  

Stanley

“5, 4, 3, 2, 1, into the book to have some fun!”

Starting off strong with Stanley! Stanley ran from 2001-2004 on Playhouse Disney. Every episode, Stanley and his goldfish Dennis jumped into his Great Big Book of Everything to travel and learn about animals! 

Jojo’s Circus

“Hi there! My name’s Jojo! And this is my pet lion, Goliath!”

Jojo’s Circus ran from 2003-2007 on Playhouse Disney. It was about Jojo, a little clown, and her family and friends (including everyone’s favorite little lion, Goliath!) as they lived and played in Circus Town. There was even a segment called “Feeling Good with Jojo” to get kids up and moving!

Little Bear

“Hmmm… interesting…”

Little Bear is from Canada, but it came to the states for the Noggin/Nick Jr. channel. Officially, it ran from 1995-2003, the US received it a few years into its release. Little Bear is about… well, a little bear, his friends, and their adventures. His mother takes care of him while his father is away doing his job as a sea captain. It’s all really fun, and beautifully animated.

The Koala Brothers

“We’re here to help!”

The Koala Brothers is from Australia, but it came to Playhouse Disney in 2003 and aired until 2008. It is about Frank and Buster, the ever-helpful Koala Brothers, and how they help their friends in the Outback. With a cast of Australian animals, too-cute accents, and adorable claymation, this show was (and is) a masterpiece.

PB&J Otter

“Noodle, use your noodle! Noodle, do the noodle dance!”

PB&J Otter ran from 1998-2000 on Playhouse Disney. It’s about Peanut, Butter, and Jelly Otter, siblings who solve problems with the help of their friends. If they don’t know what to do, then it’s time to do the noodle dance to get an idea!

Growing Up Creepie

“Wicked.”

Growing Up Creepie was there for all of the kids with a spooky side growing up. It ran from 2006-2008 on Discovery Kids. Creepie Creecher lives in a big spooky house with her adopted family, who took her in when she was left on their porch. The catch? Her family is made up of all bugs! Her mom is a praying mantis, her dad is a mosquito, her brother is a gnat… Life for Creepie is pretty unusual, but hey! Who’s not a little weird?

Bear in the Big Blue House

“The moon, the bear, and the big blue house will be waiting for you to come and play!”

Bear in the Big Blue House ran from 1997 to 2006 on Playhouse Disney. The Jim Henson Company even produced it, which explains why all of the puppets were so wonderful and expressive. Bear lives with and cares for all of his friends in his big blue house, and sings with Luna the moon. 

Out of the Box

“You come too! We’ll build a house together! Now what’s it gonna be inside?”

Out of the Box ran from 1998 to 2004 on Playhouse Disney. Hosts Vivian and Tony would make a magic playhouse and teach kids fun crafts, put on plays, and read stories. It may be the only show on this list with “real” people in it, but that doesn’t make it any less fun!

Kenny the Shark

“Honey, she’s talking to that shark again!”

Kenny the Shark ran from 2003 to 2005 on Discovery Kids. Kenny is the beloved pet of Kat, a chill teen. He can swim or walk on land, and lives with Kat and her family in the suburbs. She’s the only one who can understand him when he talks, and since he’s always hungry she has to get him out of plenty of trouble. 

Rolie Polie Olie

“Everybody okey-dokey?”

Last but most certainly not least, Rolie Polie Olie ran from 1998 to 2004. It was a French-Canadian program, but produced with Disney and as such aied on Playhouse Disney. It’s about Rolie Polie Olie, a little round robot, and his crazy cute family and friends. What can I say? He’s small, and smart, and round!

Most of these shows are avaliable in full on YouTube and those that aren’t are avaliable to watch for free elsewhere online. Queue up your favorites and take a stroll down memory lane with your childhood shows! 

A Creative Writing and Professional Writing double-major and a huge geek